• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Pretty sure i looked at it at the show. It looked pretty nice, I myself would love to own a nice 99 in .308. congrats on the purchase.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If you came in the door that was facing the bathrooms it was in the hall to the right at the end of a row about half way through the hall

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    If you came in the door that was facing the bathrooms it was in the hall to the right at the end of a row about half way through the hall

we walked the whole thing and went in that hall twice, there was a few things that caught my eye, but nothing i jumped on. two things that had me on the verge was a nice glenfield with the deer stock in 30-30 with scope for 275.00 and a Pre safety Marlin 336 in .35 Remington for 350.00 or 375.00 with a scope i think. But i decided to pass as they were just wants and not something i would use much if bought.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Heck, My wife's great grandfather's 99 in .303 Savage (now ours) is what finally got me to start reloading- No one makes loaded ammo for it; Norma and Prvi Partizan occasionally have brass available.

And as I have yet to get in to reloading I tried to shy away from the Savage calibers

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Heck, My wife's great grandfather's 99 in .303 Savage (now ours) is what finally got me to start reloading- No one makes loaded ammo for it; Norma and Prvi Partizan occasionally have brass available.

I love my .303, not the heaviest caliber in the word but that's why its attractive.

Savage 99's are one of the few things I am still actively searching for.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    They are out there, I have just missed a good deal on two of them. They tend to be later production and a lot of the ones you see have the detachable mag (blasphemy)

Yeah, I could have bought one already, i just havent found the right deal. I have bought 7 rifles since Thanksgiving and have a few more in the works. Plus a few $1000 in tools for resale. Its not a fund issue, but i want a nice one at a great price. If i dont find the "combo" i pass each time.

This was todays Purchase.

Attachments

• 20141223_161333.jpg
      20141223_161333.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 63
    • 20141223_161354.jpg
      20141223_161354.jpg
      29.5 KB · Views: 64
    • 20141223_161342.jpg
      20141223_161342.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 69

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Nice looking M1!

Thanks, it isnt perfect, the stock has two little cracks that i can have repaired or ill replace it, but I thought it was a good deal for a IBM and i didnt have a IBM in the collection yet. Its 1943, and is also AO marked on the receiver next to the recoil lug which i was told meant it was a auto ordinance sub contracted and brings a few more $$ than the standard IBM. Im happy with that :D

Jul 1, 2012
    Not wild about that Blue Sky import mark but sometimes you just have to go with it when everything else is calling to you :)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Not wild about that Blue Sky import mark but sometimes you just have to go with it when everything else is calling to you :)

I agree, would have rather it not had it but you dont see IBM's too much, its actually the first one i seen in person, Funny thing was when i asked the clerk what kind of M1 carbine it was he told me it was a Blue sky M1. :lol2:, Had they known what it was it would have been higher than 700 as they are over priced on most of their stuff there. Of course once i pointed out the crack in the stock the price came down a little. ;)

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Nice M1. Well done.

FWIW I believe the detachable mag 99s are Spanish. I also recollect their barrels are mfrd differently. Then again, that memory thing is acting up...

Thats interesting, i didnt know they had detachable mags either, now ill have to keep a eye out for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom