• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    Earlier this week, my FNS-9's front sight dot was ejected under recoil. I called FN and found out that all I need to do is take it to a UPS Depot (boxed up) and have UPS ship it to FNH. Do I need to do anything specific because of Maryland Law?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Earlier this week, my FNS-9's front sight dot was ejected under recoil. I called FN and found out that all I need to do is take it to a UPS Depot (boxed up) and have UPS ship it to FNH. Do I need to do anything specific because of Maryland Law?

I had to ship a handgun back to S&W for warranty work. They sent me a mailing label and all I had to do was inform the clerk at the UPS office that there was a firearm in the package. Some of their offices do not have the capability to store firearms securely.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Declare to the shipper the box contains a firearm. No stickers on the outside indicating contents. Should be shipped next day air according to carrier policy.

easy peasey

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I had to send a Ruger handgun back to them once. Ruger sent me a shipping label. I had it boxed up and ready to go. I stopped at my local FFL on my way to UPS. As I was leaving there the UPS driver showed up to make a delivery. I gave it to the UPS driver and he had no problem at all with that.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    If it was just the front sight dot, you should be able to remove the slide and just ship that back. You can send just the slide by USPS in a small flat rate box insured for next to nothing. The whole gun by UPS will be ~$70 or more. Might want to ask FNH if that's an option....they don't NEED the whole gun.

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    I don't believe that FN covers shipping

Unfortunately, FN does not cover shipping to them. They do cover return shipping as I understand it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Unfortunately, FN does not cover shipping to them. They do cover return shipping as I understand it.

That sucks.
    I have a Stoeger shotgun that needed to be sent back and they sent me a prepaid label for shipping
    I think I'd look into just sending the slide, as was mentioned

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    If it's a warranty issue they should send a shipping label or it will cost $70 or more.. If not, that's lousy customer service.. As mentioned they shoul just need the slide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom