• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So... Because the slide release lever hangs down ever so slightly, that means that the slide release lever spring is shot, even though it snaps back up? That is kinda confusing if you ask me. But if that is what fixes this thing, I'll be happy that it was at most an $11 in parts, for a good fix.

I'll keep you posted on what happens.

It shouldn't flop at all. I remember you changing the pins out but if it's the factory stop then it's best to replace from what you are describing.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I had this problem once when i reassembled my frame in the wrong order. larger diameter pin goes in first, this allows the spring to get pretension against the larger diameter pin when sliding the smaller diameter pin through the slide stop..

I didn't read the rest of the thread to see if this was covered or not.

The top pin sheared in half. I replaced the top pin, but the issue still keeps happening, so we are troublehooting it beyond the pin.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Should I get just the replacement spring, or should I get the slide release lever w/spring?

I would get the stop with spring. The spring has to be crimped in a precise way and isn't something I would even opt to do myself if I could avoid it.

The locking block in the frame might be loose too (egged out holes) so it wouldn't hurt to replace that too.

Immersion

You have that power too
    Oct 10, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just out of curiosity, is this a gen3 or gen4? Not sure how far you are from Taneytown, but Bob at Bollinger's is a master and could probably get to the bottom of this issue if it persists.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I would get the stop with spring. The spring has to be crimped in a precise way and isn't something I would even opt to do myself if I could avoid it.

The locking block in the frame might be loose too (egged out holes) so it wouldn't hurt to replace that too.

As soon as Brownell's gets the bloody things back in stock I'll be grabbing one.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Good idea. I'm really curious what is causing these issues because my experiences with Glock have been nothing but positive. Please keep updated!

I think it all started when the small (top) pin sheared in half. No idea where the other half of the pin went, because it wasn't in the gun when I stripped it down at home for cleaning. I need to figure out why that small pin sheared in half though.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Don't think I want to go extended slide release for a HD/PD sidearm.

We put the Glock OEM extended slide stop release in most of the guns at work, and didn't have an issue. It does make it a bit easier to engage when you want to.

We also did the Glock OEM extended magazine release, but that did cause some issues with the magazines being released when placed in some holsters. The corners of the release also caused some shooters to get cuts on their hands. We filed down the release a bit and rounded the corners with a file, and it worked much better than the original standard or extended OEM configuration.

On your specific issue, have you verified that you put the slide stop & spring back in the correct order? Been awhile since I've done any real work on one, but I believe that the end of the spring needs to be below the upper pin.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    If you are anywhere near White Marsh I have piles of stock Glock parts. If you are at all close to Freestate I'll bring parts and a couple extra Glock 22's to swap parts.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Since DA is down, I'll finally come thru with a little :kicknuts:

There's that "Glock Perfection" I hear so much about... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom