• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    This is the first I've heard that the case was dismissed. I'm very glad to hear it.

However, I don't think charges were initially filed against Pinkerton just because this is Maryland. I think they were filed because it wasn't a clear classic home-invasion case by a stranger. Despite the fact that the Pinkertons were trying to evict Green, Green did live there.

I don't know what all the circumstances were of Green living there, and it's none of my business. But I certainly wouldn't have gone off for a short-tour (normally one year, unaccompanied) to Korea with some guy -- no matter how good a friend -- living in my house with just my wife there... I suspect the police and prosecution considered that, too, in coming to the conclusion that it wasn't a clean open-and-shut home invasion...

But again, I'm really glad to hear of the dismissal.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This is the first I've heard that the case was dismissed. I'm very glad to hear it.

However, I don't think charges were initially filed against Pinkerton just because this is Maryland. I think they were filed because it wasn't a clear classic home-invasion case by a stranger. Despite the fact that the Pinkertons were trying to evict Green, Green did live there.

I don't know what all the circumstances were of Green living there, and it's none of my business. But I certainly wouldn't have gone off for a short-tour (normally one year, unaccompanied) to Korea with some guy -- no matter how good a friend -- living in my house with just my wife there... I suspect the police and prosecution considered that, too, in coming to the conclusion that it wasn't a clean open-and-shut home invasion...

But again, I'm really glad to hear of the dismissal.

Nice theory -- incompatible with the known facts of the case but still a nice theory ..

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Nice theory -- incompatible with the known facts of the case but still a nice theory ..

Not a theory; just throwing in my opinion as to why an otherwise obvious self-defense case got prosecuted like this.

OK... my apologies... what were the known facts? There were some unusual circumstances. Wasn't Green living there? Wasn't TSgt Pinkerton in Korea? I assumed it was a short-tour assignment...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Not a theory; just throwing in my opinion as to why an otherwise obvious self-defense case got prosecuted like this.

OK... my apologies... what were the known facts? There were some unusual circumstances. Wasn't Green living there? Wasn't TSgt Pinkerton in Korea? I assumed it was a short-tour assignment...

http://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpre...tthew-pinkerton-case-iv-evidence-and-outcome/

As above -- all this was know at the time..but not reported -- guess why ?

A 1 or 2 week investigation might have bee justified, as many here, including myself conceded when it first broke --

But nothing other than prosecutor misconduct explains why they proceeded.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    But nothing other than prosecutor misconduct explains why they proceeded.

I also wonder how much the governor's office pushed this. Guess we'll know when the DA gets a job in the new administration.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yeah, I saw that linked above and read it. Interesting reading.

But also one-sided, since it came exclusively from the defense attorney.

However, you look at it, it wasn't your typical home invasion (if there is one). If Green was living there, even if the Pinkertons had been trying to evict him, then I'd say that complicated the matter legally...

If Green had been a stranger, and had just come up and kicked the door in, then it would have been cut-and-dried.

I say again -- I'm very glad it turned out the way it did.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Seen a few articles still trying to paint Pinkerton as a racist bad guy and Green as a victim of a hate crime. The NAACP of course seems to have had some comments as well.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

However, you look at it, it wasn't your typical home invasion (if there is one). If Green was living there, even if the Pinkertons had been trying to evict him, then I'd say that complicated the matter legally...

If Green had been a stranger, and had just come up and kicked the door in, then it would have been cut-and-dried.

You seem to have missed quite a few facts even though they have been pointed out to you. Green was not living g there and the Pinkerton's were not trying to evict him. He was tossed out long before this and refused to stay away. He earned the 1/2 oz of lead he received.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Didn't the pictures from the scene show the door frame destroyed , if this was that case that should of ended "he pushed the door open"

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    Didn't the pictures from the scene show the door frame destroyed , if this was that case that should of ended "he pushed the door open"

Democrats don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. At least what they consider a "good story".

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm glad you agree with the outcome, but ...

Seeing any number of accounts in the news recently of persons who 'overstay their welcome' and the difficulties of evicting an 'unwelcome guest', much applies here, however ... Technically, Green had already been 'evicted' and was no more welcome in Pinkerton's home than a total stranger. If Green had ANY recourse, he should have taken that up in the courts like any other 'tenant', but instead he resorted to violence, ... in fact the same type of violence that got him evicted in the first place.

From Green's adoring friends and relatives, rumors abound regarding Pinkerton's wife's relationship with him. But even if true, they are not even close to being relevant to the case or the outcome. With their calls for a DoJ investigation, this is becoming more Trayvon-like as Mike McDaniel noted about the Zimmerman case. And just like Trayvon, the media hasn't even mentioned Green's violent and criminal background, leaving yet another national headline for Holder and Obama to pontificate about.

Green got what he deserved and justice prevailed for Pinkerton ... an expensive lesson for both unfortunately. Be careful to whom you rent or offer shelter out of the goodness of your heart ... or something more. Pinkerton was lucky that Green wasn't still 'in residence' or the outcome could have been much, much different.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    With their calls for a DoJ investigation, this is becoming more Trayvon-like as Mike McDaniel noted about the Zimmerman case.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this happens. They're going to need something to take the public's eye off the illegals. And, the DOJ is already investigating that Obama outhouse float that was in a parade recently.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    You seem to have missed quite a few facts even though they have been pointed out to you. Green was not living g there and the Pinkerton's were not trying to evict him. He was tossed out long before this and refused to stay away.

Article says, "Pinkerton returned home from Korea one night and found Green still there. Green had ignored Jessica’s earlier order to move out and intimidated her, remaining in the home against her will."

Sounds like Green was still living there, despite the Pinkertons trying to toss him out ("evict" was the wrong word).

He earned the 1/2 oz of lead he received.

Here, we agree completely.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

Read it again. It all came from the case presented by the Prosecutor and that why the Judge did not let it go to a jury.

Believe anything you want. We see this for what is it is.. Sorry .

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Green got what he deserved and justice prevailed for Pinkerton ... an expensive lesson for both unfortunately. Be careful to whom you rent or offer shelter out of the goodness of your heart ... or something more. Pinkerton was lucky that Green wasn't still 'in residence' or the outcome could have been much, much different.

Dont see how, once a door is busted down, self defense applies

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom