• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    :lol2:me too. now lets see :smoke: someone using a ladder to get into my second story window while i am at home? gravity+man on ladder, two story's off the ground at my window= gravity+man-ladder, problem solved.

Boat hook pole.. ;). Man+ladder and push away.. TIMBER!! Lol

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    While it's legal for home owners to carry a firearm on their property, can said owners use lethal force to protect life and limb?

I read a story on these forums a while back about a guy who went to confront some teenagers who were trespassing and partying on his property. He brought his firearm and ended up shooting one of them. The outcome was he is serving jail time for murder.

When at all possible: deescalate, deter and avoid.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I read a story on these forums a while back about a guy who went to confront some teenagers who were trespassing and partying on his property. He brought his firearm and ended up shooting one of them. The outcome was he is serving jail time for murder.

When at all possible: deescalate, deter and avoid.

he did everything wrong.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    While it's legal for home owners to carry a firearm on their property, can said owners use lethal force to protect life and limb?

In a word: yes.

You can defend yourself with up to lethal force if warranted; regardless of where you are carrying. This assumes you are IIPAR. The issue of being on your own property to carry is well understood in Maryland, self defense may get a little fuzzy the further you are from your home.

IIPAR:
    1. Innocence
    2. Imminence
    3. Proportionality
    4. Avoidance
    5 Reasonableness

And the AOJ Triad !

Everyone here knows I'm not an attorney, but this is how I interpret all that I've ever read about MD law. There is so much more to know and discuss I feel bad even commenting on this, but I'd feel worse not giving a friend a straight answer to an honest question.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Did he have a fire? who wants a singed copy?

:D

No. I think he was trying to say that his favorite cafe is The green Monkey in NYC. :D

Attachments

• vert.jpg
      vert.jpg
      9.9 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom