• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steampunk

Oct 11, 2008
    I just finished adding the sppedfeed 4 stock and fore end and tac star sidesaddle. That foreend needs some serious persuading to go on, lots of lube sanding the inside and tapping/smacking with a plastic hammer. Fits nice and tight though. The sidesaddle fits prefect just watch over tightening the front screw as it will bind the action.

Thanks b1web for the heads up on the screws I wasn't real keen on dremmeling them.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I have the CompStock. It is amazing at reducing recoil. I prefer a real stock on my shotguns, that is why I chose the CS over the SO. I love the Hogue touch, too. If you can, search eBay for them. Usually great deals are to be had and if you decide for the CS they have available a blister pack to include a Hogue fore-end. I paid $110.

870duty.jpg

netspec

Sep 30, 2008
    Randallstown, MD
    I have the CompStock. It is amazing at reducing recoil. I prefer a real stock on my shotguns, that is why I chose the CS over the SO. I love the Hogue touch, too. If you can, search eBay for them. Usually great deals are to be had and if you decide for the CS they have available a blister pack to include a Hogue fore-end. I paid $110.

That CompStock/fore end combo looks tight! The CompStock it is!:thumbsup:
    Thanks for the pic FrankOceanXray.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Still has the hole for a bottom sling mount. I hae a VTAC with buttstock adapter. The adapter works but it is a tight fit. As you can see, the end of the stock is a bit more rotund to accommodate some of the recoil reduction goodies.

If you prefer a stock on your shotgun, this is it. I really enjoy mine.

The first time I shot it, and even still, you cannot feel the recoil! It is amazing! Full power 00 buck just doesn't even make you flinch!

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    B1web: ref. the TLR1, did you intend to get a remote end-cap with tape switch?
    No...I was trying to keep it simple...less things to think about in the event I actually need it for more than the range. With the pistol grip stock I can free one hand for reloading and using the light if I need it.

Do you have one? What is your impression?

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    No I don't even my TLR1 mounted yet. It is affixed to my AR for the time being.

I agree keeping it simple. Those are my impressions exactly with the tape switch dangling.

The neatest way to do it would cost about $60. Streamlight mount for 12ga, the remote tail cap and the coiled tape switch. The coiled tape switch would clean it up but not sure how much. I have seen a similar set-up before but never used it.

The mount seems simple and tough. ~ $15.
    botach_2045_248785192

Seems new it would stay tight but wonder how well it wears and loosens up (perverts):
    sl69134.jpg

B1web

Cogito Ergo Sum! (cogito)
    Jan 11, 2008
    I really like the look of that hogue fore end and have been really happy with all hogue products in the past.

Has anyone tried one on the Norinco?

MAX100

Aug 2, 2008
    I really like the look of that hogue fore end and have been really happy with all hogue products in the past.

Has anyone tried one on the Norinco?

I have one on my Pardner Protector and 982. There is a picture of my Breacher Protector with the Hogue forend on the first page. It's a tight fit. I had to tap it on with a rubber hammer. It can be removed with a hammer socket that is about the same diameter as the forend tube. Just tap out the forend tube.

GC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom