• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    br3krj said:
    How long will it take for the judge to approve or deny the request for a stay? Best guess.

I don't see why the judge would approve a stay. As for clarification he was pretty clear in his ruling. 4th Circuit is the only chance for them, and its gonna be a loser.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'll buy that. The "blood in the streets" argument now has so much data to the contrary that you may as well say the sky is green. I don't understand how the anti's can still tow that line. It defies logic.

I always said that about my ex...

Just be careful, because on those 2 or 3 days a year when the clouds get all pre-tornadic and green-grey, they'll point up and say "SEE!! Toldya!"

The state will cherry-pick the data to their liking and wait for the sky to be "just so".

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I'll buy that. The "blood in the streets" argument now has so much data to the contrary that you may as well say the sky is green. I don't understand how the anti's can still tow that line. It defies logic.

You answered your own question. Antis, like most on the left, are not logical. They rely of feelings to make decisions and arrive at conclusions.

Weird? you bet.

You have to completely suspend disbeilef to be a liberal.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008

5 posts, 3 are bitching about someone speeding? GTFO my boards. I'm done feeding the troll :cool:

According to precedent when does a judge's order have to start being followed? Or is that what the 59(e) form is for? IF the judge answers the form and denies the stay and says on the form "no I mean what I mean, start issuing permits if they meet the rest of the qualifications" then they go to the 4th and file for a stay is the state in contempt if they ignore the 59(e)? Can the judge sit on the stay request for 90 days and then on the 91st day say "oh? you haven't issued those permits? guess what! contempt!!!!" smacks mallet.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    "Get off my boards" lol

gif05.gif

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    I always said that about my ex...

Just be careful, because on those 2 or 3 days a year when the clouds get all pre-tornadic and green-grey, they'll point up and say "SEE!! Toldya!"

The state will cherry-pick the data to their liking and wait for the sky to be "just so".

IANAL, and I understanding where you are coming from, but that logic is getting pretty thin, given the other 30 or so other states that have an established precedence of no substantial crime increase.

I think the cloud Gansler, and company, is waiting for is another incident like the little girl that just got killed in Baltimore. Had not a cop been involved, they would have used that as the poster for gun control.

I see the AG dragging his feet, until the courts force him to comply. Look at the current ruling. It seems pretty clear, yet his contention is that it lacks clarity. What it lacks is a judicial smack down, which is what it is eventually going to take. That, or a change in the law, from the legislative branch.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    IANAL, and I understanding where you are coming from, but that logic is getting pretty thin, given the other 30 or so other states that have an established precedence of no substantial crime increase.

I think the cloud Gansler, and company, is waiting for is another incident like the little girl that just got killed in Baltimore. Had not a cop been involved, they would have used that as the poster for gun control.

I see the AG dragging his feet, until the courts force him to comply. Look at the current ruling. It seems pretty clear, yet his contention is that it lacks clarity. What it lacks is a judicial smack down, which is what it is eventually going to take. That, or a change in the law, from the legislative branch.

Legg never actually ordered the state to do something, or to stop doing something. AG's motion for clarification is fair given the nature of Legg's opinion. Once Legg clarifies, depending on the extent of his clarification, there might/will be hell to pay if MSP continues to hold/deny permit applications.

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    Legg never actually ordered the state to do something, or to stop doing something. AG's motion for clarification is fair given the nature of Legg's opinion. Once Legg clarifies, depending on the extent of his clarification, there might/will be hell to pay if MSP continues to hold/deny permit applications.

Judge: "[insert issue] is not constitutional."

AG: "So that means I can't do it? Or, I can still do it?"

call me crazy, but this feigning of ignorance is so beneath the realm of reality, it baffles truly.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Hmm... maybe we should write a nice proposed resignation letter for Gansler, and leave room at the bottom for his signature. I'm sure he'd be appreciative!

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I may have stated this before in another post, but they (AG) remind me of a little kid that is told to do something that they don't want to do, so they just play dumb.

MH

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom