• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Just wondering if anybody has heard if the yellow perch have started to make their annual run yet?

stevo61

Mar 13, 2012
    Queen Anne's County
    I have seen some people out fishing for them on weekends here on the shore. I have heard of some being caught but I haven't witnessed it first hand. They have been fishing at the Wye Mills everytime I go by there the last couple weeks.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    water still to cold. they will be a little late this year. don't let that stop you though. A day of sitting in a boat and not catching fish is better then sitting in a house and catching shit!

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    water still to cold. they will be a little late this year. don't let that stop you though. A day of sitting in a boat and not catching fish is better then sitting in a house and catching shit!

This :thumbsup: A number of years ago it was determined they actually begin their spawning runs when the water reaches a certain temperature...around like 43 F IIRC

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I have no proof but it always seemed they headed for the flats first. always heard the best catch on the flats before anywhere else. I figured the water warmed faster up there with the shallows.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Exactly! Ive been itching to go fishing but its been too miserable cold to go...Although I prob wouldnt catch anything except the flu:lol2:

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    kinda makes me wonder how the snakeheads are handleing it. I think this is the first good hard freeze the creeks got since they took off. They hibernate in the mud but wonder if it affected the bottom temps,

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    I went back in late Feb to Fort Smallwood and was skunked. I did however speak with one of the employees at the bait shop, he said Beachwood park was a descent spot yellows during their spawn.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    What type of bait(s)/lure(s) are you all planning on using? PLEASE DO SHARE!!!!
    minners,beetle spins with a peice of bloodworm, some berkley gulp works but not alot.

besided floating them live,best i have found is a 1/4 ounce shad dart or panfish tube with a minner hooked through the lips

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    fresh or dried grass shrimp? Back in the 80's I used to buy a green box that had saw dust and dried shrimp? Anybody know where to find something like this?

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    Got some wax worms and heading to liberty tomorrow. Should I just put them on a jig head or use hooks? I haven't caught a perch over 10" in a long time, caught a lot of little ones early in the season last year.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    oh yeah....just remembered......does anybody remember the Wee Willy lure? We caught a lot of perch on those tipped with grass shrimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom