Official February 6th day of event thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    It just frustrates me that banning guns is the quickest and apparently only solution that they can come up with, and I agree with the NSSF spokesman in the article. Where all of 2 people in Maryland were murdered with a rifle in 2011, which may or may not have been an assault rifle, I have a serious problem with them wanting to ban assault rifles.

They didn't just come up with this. They've wanted this for a long time and now they have emotions on their side so they acted quickly.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    ROBO-calls

Just used that link to send them a nice little note letting them know that I too received no call but rather, found out only from a friend who had received a letter from Sen Jacobs.

Thanks for the idea!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    They didn't just come up with this. They've wanted this for a long time and now they have emotions on their side so they acted quickly.

Trust me, I understand that. The antis want to ban ALL guns period. Thing is, there are some people between both extremes. That is where the "common sense" part comes into play. For instance, people should not be able to buy automatic weapons at Wal-Mart, and I do understand the difference between automatic and semi-automatic, so don't think I am referring to an AR with that comment. More like a SAW249.

Meeting somewhere in the land of common sense is the problem.

I also understand that if they do not push this based on emotion, that it will NEVER happen based upon facts and "common sense". It still pisses me off.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Thought I would get my video of Feb 6 in this post for the record. Took a while due other responsibilities to get this in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SvGaqqhzBk

Just watched the first couple of minutes. I think you were the guy in front of me for a little bit back by the shopping center until I caught up to you and passed you. Then, you caught back up to me at the street light. I was the one with the USPS box with my written testimony in it (i.e., fast walker).

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Our Pastor this morning: Did you go to Annapolis Wednesday?
    Me: No, I had to work.
    Pastor Blaine: I was there.
    Thanks to all of those who were there Wednesday.

onthefarm

Jan 15, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    fabsroman,
    Yes, that was me. Hope you got your testimony in. How about that line to get into the hearing? Nice to hear from you, and hope to see you Mar 1st or 5th. I'm not sure I'll make both.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    fabsroman,
    Yes, that was me. Hope you got your testimony in. How about that line to get into the hearing? Nice to hear from you, and hope to see you Mar 1st or 5th. I'm not sure I'll make both.

If I can keep up with work, I can definitely make March 5th. March 1st will take some calendar moving for me, but I am going to try to make it too.

The good thing about written testimony is that you do not have to wait in line to submit it. I started to wait in line and then a staffer told me I could go right to the front of the line and drop off the written testimony. So, I walked right up there, dropped it off, and then went out to the rally. I knew ahead of time that there was no way I could sum everything up in 3 minutes and that there was probably no chance that I would even get to speak. So, I spent 2 days preparing my written testimony so my position could be noted and the tree I gave them could be recycled.

Hope to see you on either the 1st or the 5th and I will walk slower this time, knowing that the tortoise will catch the hare at the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom