• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    I just got a DB4 antenna, stuck it in the closet upstairs, and ran a cable downstairs to the TV. It is AWESOME! I get 40+ channels for free, all the DC and Baltimore channels. There's nothing good to watch, but that's the same as cable, right?

Not even close. I get 150+ channels, pay through the nose for it, and there's nothing good to watch.

xonid

Jan 28, 2009
    CalCo
    I made this for my brother, and he's had no complaints.

I'll have to try this... Cancelled my cable tv about 2 month ago cause they jacked up the price and wouldn't deal.. There's a lot of internet tv available especially for the ipad, but real time local channels not so much..

Thanks

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Finally got my MythTv working again connected to my DTV antenna. I missed a lot of TV in the prior 8 years so it's cool to be able to record shows and have Myth cut the commercials for me, then watch them whenever I want to. I pay $20/year for the program guide service.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    Turned off cable. Sold TV. Whole family doesn't miss it one bit. Finding much better family interaction, closer relationships, better connectivity with teenage children, getting more done, reading more books, learning more, more time for hobbies and overall much greater productivity and PEACE!!!

Never looking back!!!

No sense in sitting and watching really poor programming just for something to stare at and having to watch 30 minutes or more each hour of high octane commercials with salesmen shouting at you to buy something you know you don't need so you can watch something you wouldn't watch if there was something better on but there isn't. (whew ... run on sentence).

500 some channels and nothing even remotely interesting on most of the time. Flip through and flip through and flip through channels for several hours and still can't find anything decent till you stop on a channel because your fingers tired on the remote and you drift off to sleep.

Consider how much time you sit to be told what you should buy, how you should think and what others think you should be doing. Consider what you are paying for the above corporate commercial brainwashing and propaganda programming.

Fake reality TV! Oxymoron. Or Just Morons?

What profit is it to man to practice constant suspension of disbelief?

BAAAHHH!!! No need!

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Antenna, antenna, antenna

First of all there is NO such thing as a "digital" antenna, the antenna is just a vacuum cleaner for the band or bands of signals it is designed for, it "knows" not weather or not it is a digital or analog signal, just as much as an amateur radio operator's antenna "knows" weather or not he is broadcasting/receiving in AM, FM, SSB, or a digital mode

its all about the frequency range for the signal desired, the mode of transmission has changed but the frequencies that the digital signal has not since the switchover, ANY old VHF/UHF antenna WILL WORK, at my trailer in Va i have an OLD (late 70's era) tv antenna i rescued from the junk pile and it receives just as well or in some cases better than some of my neighbors (within say 50-300') with so-called "digital" antennas

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    First of all there is NO such thing as a "digital" antenna, the antenna is just a vacuum cleaner for the band or bands of signals it is designed for, it "knows" not weather or not it is a digital or analog signal, just as much as an amateur radio operator's antenna "knows" weather or not he is broadcasting/receiving in AM, FM, SSB, or a digital mode

Yep, I have two Radio Shack VHF/UHF directionals in my attic and get flawless, 24/365 reception on all DC and Baltimore stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom