• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Did you see this? Was going on last year just before the vote in HJC?
    http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/03/juiceblender-2-moco-democrats-trying-to.html
    http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/03/guest-post-del-kathleen-dumais-responds.html

Simmons... "I have always supported a general ban on assault weapons".

Apparently, these well placed articles just 3 days before the committee vote got under their skin enough that they both personally recanted and indicated their resolve.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Two things....

a) please GOD don't forget we need to get Smig's re-elected. For motivation, imagine if he isn't there next term. (OY!)

b) I'm happy to help with strategy on some of these other races. I have a little experience and if anyone wants to pick my brain, I'm available.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Two things....

a) please GOD don't forget we need to get Smig's re-elected. For motivation, imagine if he isn't there next term. (OY!)

b) I'm happy to help with strategy on some of these other races. I have a little experience and if anyone wants to pick my brain, I'm available.

I know we have to wait until the current session ends to make a financial contribution to Delegate Mike's campaign. My check will be on the way ASAP. If there is anything else to be done in the meantime, please feel free to rattle my cage. Most of my attention will be occupied with helping Jim Brochin (D-42) find a new line of work but I am also more than happy to help out with keeping a real bulldog for Liberty in the House.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    I know we have to wait until the current session ends to make a financial contribution to Delegate Mike's campaign. My check will be on the way ASAP. If there is anything else to be done in the meantime, please feel free to rattle my cage. Most of my attention will be occupied with helping Jim Brochin (D-42) find a new line of work but I am also more than happy to help out with keeping a real bulldog for Liberty in the House.

YOU ROCK! Thank you. Your work in 42 is important. For those who don't have one to get behind I will need people with sneakers and yes, people with duckets to give.

What I mean is I'll be recruiting folks to come knock doors and folks to donate to the campaign. Mailers are expensive but necessary as are signs and palm cards.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Two things....

Added to OP :) Let me know on what link to place there, and also what you would like it to say. The list of ways he has helped the community so long, I don't even know where to start.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Two things....

OK...certainly want to see my delegate re-elected, but, I am also tempted to become a dino here in Queen Anne's to vote against frosh. Need a little suggestion...

and b, for picking brains we need to remind folks contrbutions are great (since we can't spend on new guns) but I know there are limitations on total cash donated and limits on per candidate, however, I don't know what these limits are and if you could enlighten us it would help.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Another fun fact: Conaway has 9 democrat opponents in his district.

If he lost in the primary, wouldn't that be a shame?

Vallario has 5 democrat opponents in his district... Well, you know the rest.

Dumais has 4 democrat opponents in her district...

Might be a lot more fun to just get a different democrat in actually.

Can you imagine going to their campaign events and talking about that vote reversal last year...? On not allowing criminals to reduce their time served of it was with a gun? Wonder how the folks down there in MoCo would take to that?

Yes, some who at least does not lead the charge against gun rights would be nice! I added them to the OP, but don't yet have data links, voting record, etc.

Did you see this? Was going on last year just before the vote in HJC?
    http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/03/juiceblender-2-moco-democrats-trying-to.html
    http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/03/guest-post-del-kathleen-dumais-responds.html

Simmons... "I have always supported a general ban on assault weapons".

Apparently, these well placed articles just 3 days before the committee vote got under their skin enough that they both personally recanted and indicated their resolve.

Not much grey area there! Thank you for the additional information

Added to OP. Data links, etc, can be updated as people post them.

Thanks

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    OK...certainly want to see my delegate re-elected, but, I am also tempted to become a dino here in Queen Anne's to vote against frosh. Need a little suggestion...

and b, for picking brains we need to remind folks contrbutions are great (since we can't spend on new guns) but I know there are limitations on total cash donated and limits on per candidate, however, I don't know what these limits are and if you could enlighten us it would help.

I will jump in on donation limits: see summary here - http://www.elections.state.md.us/pdf/Contribution_chart.pdf

I assume this is current, and the official data source. If anyone knows otherwise, please chime in

Thx

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    District 31A

There is no incumbent in this new gerrymandered district. There are 3 democrats facing off in the primary.

Terry Lynn DeGraw is the lone Republican candidate running. She is a staunch 2A supporter and is the MD state leader for The Well Armed Woman. This is a national organization dedicated to women becoming involved in shooting and the rights to protection as outlined in the 2A.

It was through her efforts in getting the MD chapter off the ground and her 2A views that she was approached by leaders in the MD Republican Party to run.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Anyone know who runs this website?
    http://www.freestatedinos.com/

Would be great if they just gave a list of who is running in each district and who we should be voting for. At least something to streamline the information gathering process.

Skins Brew is the site owner.

IMO, it needs to be a lot more robust, but I don't know if he needs help with it, or what...

What we DO need, though, is for people to "adopt" a Critter, and really focus on what is needed to remove each them from the GA.

Getting them to change, at this point, isn't going to help us a whole lot. Really becoming involved and vocal about replacing them will be critical going forward, and may even help with some of the coming votes, assuming people can keep contact and pressure up.

We need them to understand they'll be heading back to private life pretty soon.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    thanks to all!

Updated through post 34. Please let me know if I missed something, or you seen a needed update.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Updated through post 34 - please let me know if I missed something, or you seen a needed update.

Middleton, Thomas, Charles
    One of a small group of Democratic legislators who voted against passage of SB281*

James E. DeGrange (D)
    One of a small group of Democratic legislators who voted against passage of SB281*
    Discussion
    Voted for cloture on SB281, helping to pave the path for its ultimate passage http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=3052964&postcount=7

Neither DeGrange nor Middleton should in any way be counted as a friend. SB 281 would NOT have become law if we had held a filibuster in the Senate. Both DeGrange and Middleton voted for cloture, which allowed the bill to proceed. That they voted against it in the end is completely irrelevant; they're trying to have it both ways. Don't fall for it. They hope our memory is short.

I note you did make mention of DeGrange's cloture vote, but you missed the same from Middleton. That note should apply to both.

Also, I would highlight their flip-flopping in the main text, lest someone overlook it, e.g. I would recommend something along the lines of:
    "One of a small group of Democratic legislators who voted against passage of SB281 - HOWEVER he voted for cloture which killed the filibuster and allowed the bill to become law"

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Neither DeGrange nor Middleton should in any way be counted as a friend. SB 281 would NOT have become law if we had held a filibuster in the Senate. Both DeGrange and Middleton voted for cloture, which allowed the bill to proceed. That they voted against it in the end is completely irrelevant; they're trying to have it both ways. Don't fall for it. They hope our memory is short.

I note you did make mention of DeGrange's cloture vote, but you missed the same from Middleton. That note should apply to both.

Also, I would highlight their flip-flopping in the main text, lest someone overlook it, e.g. I would recommend something along the lines of:
    "One of a small group of Democratic legislators who voted against passage of SB281 - HOWEVER he voted for cloture which killed the filibuster and allowed the bill to become law"

Thank you for the additional information! I was not aware of all the details. I updated wording and linked to your post from the OP.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Senate District 9 (Kittleman resigning at end of session to run for Howard County Executive)

• Gail Bates (R). Currently a Delegate for District 9A. Supporter of 2A, although she has not been a primary sponsor on any 2A bills in the past couple of sessions.
    • Ryan Frederic (D). I have no information on this candidate.
    • Daniel Medinger (D). I have no information on this candidate.

House District 9A (2 Seats)

• Warren Miller (R). Incumbent; support of 2A, but I have not seen him as a primary sponsor on any 2A bills in the past couple of sessions.
    • Christopher Eric Bouchat (R). I have no information on this candidate.
    • Trent Kittleman (R). Step-mother of Allan Kittleman (current District 9 Senator); no other information on this candidate.
    • Kyle Lorton (R). I have no information on this candidate.
    • Frank Mirable (R). I have no information on this candidate.
    • Walter Carson (D). I have no information on this candidate.
    • James Ward Morrow (D). I have no information on this candidate.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    updated through here. Hopefully I picked up all information, suggestions, etc.. Let me know :)

Break time for me; off to the gym and will check in later :)

EDIT: will pull names from post 39 into OP later. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom