Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The brothers up there know their way around a 1911, that is without question. Chad's work is far underappreciated on that platform.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Yet another staisifed customer

Picked up my AR from Clandestine today, I am extremely happy with the service I received on my visits during this build, Chad and Scott were always forthcoming with info and suggestions, they have a customer for life.

IMG000021.jpg

The required feet...

Picture013.jpg

In addition to the magpul goodies that are obvious it has a BCM AutoBCG, CMMG lower,BCM upper, DPMS internals, Armalite barrel and flashhider Clandestine's Upgrade treatment

Last edited by a moderator:

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    Chad at Scotts Gunsmithing fixed my AK

A few months ago I ordered a Century built M70 AB2 Yugo underfolder from Peachstateguns.com. When I finally got a chance to shoot it, it was failing to feed about every third shot and failed to eject once too. I asked around on the forum and got some theories on why this might be happening and also some recommendations on who might be able to fix it for me. I had heard really great stuff about Scotts Gunsmithing and had read some extremely informative posts by Chad Albrecht who works there, so I decided to take it there to be fixed. Chad disassembled and diagnosed the problem within minutes of my arrival there, so I left it in their competent hands to be fixed. I got a call about two weeks later that my gun was ready to pick up. I finally got a chance to go shooting yesterday at Hap Baker and am very happy to report that the AK performed flawlessly. I shot about 160 rounds through it without a hiccup.

It seems the main problem was a worn out mag catch and a weak recoil spring. Chad welded up the mag catch and fine tuned it to hold the mags in place very securely. He opened up the gun to show me the work that had been done and I was very surprised to see that he had also polished up the bolt, hammer and other internal parts too. The rifle works slick as hell now and I am very happy with the work they did for me. The price was very fair and the turnaround time was reasonable. I won't hesitate to recommend them to my friends that shoot, and I will definitely use them again if any problems arise with any of my other guns. Thanks for the great work.

akwork1.jpg

Don't mind the dirt, this was taken right after shooting 160 rounds. I cleaned it after the pix were taken.

akwork2.jpg

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Chad is the man! :party29: A while back, I dropped off my SPR with him for some slight tune up work. My WOA SPR barrel has M4 feed ramps, but my Sun Devil upper did not. Chad extended the feed ramps and polished them and I'm extremely happy with the work.

100_2408.jpg

100_2411.jpg

Chad also worked on the stock trigger, bringing it down to about 3.75 lbs. According to Chad, it should break in a settle at about 3.5 lbs, but he said he could get it a little lower if I want. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

100_2413.jpg

100_2414.jpg

100_2417.jpg

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the work Chad did, and with how my AR operates now. The trigger is great and now I'm going to have to drop my other AR off at some point because I can't take the horrible trigger anymore.

Nov 17, 2008
    I have to give them a thumbs up too. I bought a remington 798 mauser action that would not set firing pin. I took it in and in a few minutes they realized bolt assembly was misassembled. Quickly reassembed, test fired, and I was good to go (yea I know I may have voided warranty, but I am too impatient to wait). Def will be going back and spreading the word.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    American Classic

This place is out of the way for me... I drive by a ton of shops to get there and its worth every second.

First time we went, we were there for around an 1.5 hours, just browsing. Chad came out and showed me all kinds of new toys and answered all my questions about making the plunge into the world of 1911's.
    After all the advice from him, and a little research online I bought my first 1911 from Scotts. :party29:
    Best part is they said if it acts up they'll fix it on their dime.

Saturday I can pick it up, and I'm dying over here.
    I have nothing but nice things to say about them. Just as I finished up my paperwork I looked down and saw the next one that will be coming home.
    Thanks again Chad.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Alright, my turn to give Scott's some feedback on my experience there.

I finally took the plunge into the world of EBRs and decided to build my first AR. After researching for what seemed like countless hours, I finally settled on my equipment. I mention this first because Chad's knowledge and opinions helped me along my way.

I knew before my upper arrived from BCM that I wanted to take advantage of Scott's AR upgrade package. Hey, anything worth doing is worth doing right, right? Details on the work done can be found here: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=31324

Turnaround time was 2.5 weeks, right in the wheelhouse of the time frame I was given for this job. The wait would have been shorter, but Chad, always looking out for his customers, actually sent the rails that he ordered for me back to YHM because they were pretty dinged up upon arrival. Some shops would have installed that part and just said "it came from YHM like that, and hey, you're going to ding it up anyway." Such was not the case with Scott's, and I appreciate that.

A great experience all the way around, and I finally got to meet Chad in person. I can guarantee the next time I want/need any work done on my firearms, Scott's will be on the very, very short list of shops that I would trust to perform the work. Thanks again!

To be completely fair, I must mention one criticism. The weather and resultant heavy traffic to/from Scott's yesterday evening was awful. If you expect repeat business, you guys need to get a better handle on the weather! ;)

sparkymon

Feb 26, 2010
    Chad, Thanks for a great job on my M&P upper, looks great. I have a few guys I’ll be sending your way.

Habrok

Mar 9, 2010
    I was in the area today picking up some valves for an engine build so I decided to stop by and take advantage of the Glock mag sale. Great little shop, very well put together and Tony was extremely helpful with all my questions which ranged from optics to revolvers to AR parts. I also grabbed some small parts for my AR while I was there. Thanks for the help Tony, Scott, and Chad (via phone).

kamikazeH20mln

Dec 12, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    Took my Browning .30-06 Hi-Power Sportsman and Savage .30-30 to Scott's I got as gifts from my Grandfather over the past two years. He's been getting a bit of wacky with his Dementia in his older years, and was on a tirade of WD-40 and taking things apart (then forgetting to put them back together or without parts). Its been getting too bad that this month he was banned from Home Depot and Sears for buying things, taking them apart, forgetting how to put them together, and saying they were "broken".

Its great to know someone like Chad is around to make sure they were in 100% top order and all parts in check.

Stopped by today to shop around for handguns in the area, and a damn Chinese MAK-90 already modified to my likings eyed me up next to her Russian sister. It was already "blessed" to be in the best hands already, and caused my wallet to be significantly lighter and the gf to wait in the car for a 1/2 hour :-)

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Another great transaction here: One of the lever guns from the commission sale a few weeks ago finally made it back to my place.

This is the gun we are talking about - Marlin 1895 in 45-70. The tang sight is a small addition, mounted by the shop (and quite nicely done so).

2dsol5g.jpg

Transfer was really comfortable, even with the small imposed delay. I understand you guys had some good time flirting with the FBI lady that called you back. See you when the next project is due. For now gotta slug the bore and brew me some black powder grease.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Those are beautiful guns! They were great looking even in the before pics, but the after pics are awesome.

MH

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I keep telling you gize, Chad is a genious.......but be careful, it will cause HUGE ego problems if we keep telling him....:-)

The shop is GREAT in may ways - they actually let me in during the outage Friday to drop my .45 off (I was whining outside the door so they gave pity to an old man...). I'm so ashamed of myself.....BUT...great looking piece! Those feet are what, 10 1/2 -11? :-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Since Scott doesn't use the computer, someone thank him again for the work on the Marlin.

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    Thank You!

I dropped off my FNP-45 for night sights and a throat polish. very impressed with the work.. hand cycled about 150 HP rounds through and it seems very smooth. cant wait to test it out.

Also!

Thanks for the great conversation!

I hope that 30-30 is there when I come back from my next work trip!

bunnielab

May 17, 2007
    I had a recoil pad fitted to my 870, the work was done quickly and well, esp as I had cut the stock myself and buggered it up a bit.

I was very happy with their work and will be coming back next time I get in over my head with an ill-advised "modification" to one of my guns. ;)

As a side note, if you are not already aware, Scott's is about 2 blocks away from a carryout place that has the best $12 crabcake I have ever had. It is worth the trip it's self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom