• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Will these work on a M-16? Semi and Full?

I see above now it says semi-auto bolt... Any chance of a full auto bolt?

Standard Units do not come with an M16 Compatible Bolt but we can order one for you with the M16 Compatible Bolt.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Standard Units do not come with an M16 Compatible Bolt but we can order one for you with the M16 Compatible Bolt.

Just an FYI.
    I bought a full auto bolt direct from the factory earlier this year. In order for them to sell it to me, they required a copy of the form 4 for my RR. Also, if you are going to use the full auto bolt in an older gen1 AR57 upper, you will need to send it back to the factory for minor modifications. The new full auto bolt will not even fit all the way into the older gen1 uppers. I had to send both of my gen1 uppers back for modification. But it was well worth it! The AR57 is a lot of fun in full auto.:D

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As a more economical alternative, Chad, do you think there would be sufficient recoil from an AR-57 with 16-inch barrel to slide/bump fire? These stocks can also be locked in position for those occasions you don't want to burn through 5.7 ammo, right?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    As a more economical alternative, Chad, do you think there would be sufficient recoil from an AR-57 with 16-inch barrel to slide/bump fire? These stocks can also be locked in position for those occasions you don't want to burn through 5.7 ammo, right?

There is enough recoil BUT since they are a blowback design I would be cautious about using a bump stock on one. Blowback operated firearms dont lock up and can fire out of battery, these stocks increase that chance.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks, just wondering. The 12-inch with the pistol brace was the first route that I was considering as it preserves an SBR possibility for the future. Are you guys able to sell complete builds of these with a Sig pistol brace, or do builds off a receiver that we provide? With evolving laws and guidelines, I'm not up on what's permitted.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks, just wondering. The 12-inch with the pistol brace was the first route that I was considering as it preserves an SBR possibility for the future. Are you guys able to sell complete builds of these with a Sig pistol brace, or do builds off a receiver that we provide? With evolving laws and guidelines, I'm not up on what's permitted.

They can order you a complete gun or build a pistol or virgin receiver that you own into a pistol for you. SIG Brace is fine for a pistol build, you just cant shoulder it.

Last edited:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They can order you a complete gun or build a pistol or virgin receiver that you own into a pistol for you. SIG Brace is fine for a pistol build, you just can't shoulder it.

Great. I'm lazy but want some customization. I'll contact the store to price out the different options. Do understand the shouldering restriction and the need to use the brace as designed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom