• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    Ants have been bad for us this year. For the first time we tried Terro liquid.......placing drops of the stuff on little pieces of paper. So far, this has worked better than anything we've ever used. The bait really draws them.......lots of them. You have to be patient / not kill and let them take the poison back to the nest. We've seen a huge difference in less than 24 hours.

101combatvet

BANNED!!!
    Dec 7, 2011
    I had an ant problem at one residence for years and the only thing that worked was Terro. Exterminators wanted to change me over $200 dollars a year and said that they might have to treat the property for several years without a guarantee.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Another vote for Terro to take care of ants.

The liquid you put on little pieces of paper. Less than 10.00 and did a better job than a service contract from Orkin...

The liquid gets hard as it dries so make sure to put out new traps every day or so.

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    not sure if i have ants, bees or termites, but am still looking for a company to inspect the problem. I am in Gaithersburg.

RileysDad

Dec 10, 2013
    Bethesda
    I do property management for large condo associations and HOAs and the the two companies I use the most are Owl Pest Prevention (they do all types of insects) and Atek Pest Management. There's one I use occasionally for bees but I can't recall the name. If somebody wants them, shoot me a PM and I'll look it up when I get back to the office.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    I've been using this stuff for the past several years, I've been very happy with the results.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bifen-it-p-226.html

I have been using this for 3 years now, had black widows and brown recluse, and tons of wolf spiders. Ants get bad too at times. Bought a gallon of Bifen and a 4 gallon backpack sprayer and no more issues. I can spray twice a year and not see any kind of bug in the house. I spray in side the crawl space and under the sinks and door ways inside the house. It is not a harsh chemical like you would think. I started spraying the entire property, trees, grass, and all to cut down on mosquitos. It has worked quite well, a little time consuming but at least it is bareable to be out side.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    If you are still looking, check out these guys: http://www.ecocarepest.com

Jon and Erich are both High Power shooters. :thumbsup:

Larry

Bumping this back up for an excellent recommendation. I just signed a one year contract to have these guys do maintenance spraying at the house and I'm really pleased with the results after the initial treatment. On a sad side note, one of the referenced gentleman, Jon, passed away last year. His brother Erich is the entomologist for the company and a great guy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom