• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Probably not allot of folks from Connecticut & New Jersey were coming down pretty hard on facebook too, so I just think there are allot of misguided individuals that give us a bad rap.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    But What is really sad is that supposed 2ndA defenders are responsible for this blowing up. Posters here even provided the fuel for the fire. Unfortunately for Andy, he and engage are the face of this fiasco.

Remember he posted this to their FB page they have over 14k subscribers! Things go viral pretty quick when all you have tho do is click like!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

rh92

Mar 2, 2013
    Rockville
    Not gonna read the whole thread but:

I just heard about this on the news. It's sad that the workers over there are receiving death threats over this. It's not like we're mandated to buy them. I won't buy it either but it is their business decision and they should feel free to do so. They have always stood for the 2A and this business decision shouldn't affect anyone. fully support these folks and hope these ignorant folks stop threatening them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Anybody have a link to the entire video that hasn't been pulled down? I've seen it and want to forward it to a couple of friends that are also customers.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    The way to stop "smart" guns in a state where they are not going to be mandatory is to not buy them, not threaten gun dealers for thinking about selling them. Some people are just stuck on stupid.:sad20:
    Brain fart! I fully support the sale of smart guns! Now maybe someone can threaten me in writing so I might qualify for a carry permit in this backwards state....

Last edited:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    For whatever it's worth, in our current P.C. political climate, these things (smart guns) were inevitable and someone had to be the first to make them available. As a small business owner who's engaged in an increasingly unpopular market (based on recent voting trends in Maryland), I'm sure Andy saw the writing on the wall and made the decision that he felt was best for his business.

While a smart gun isn't my cup o' tea, I can appreciate that it may be for someone else, otherwise, the company that makes 'em wouldn't make 'em. In any case, once the initial shock blows over, some high profile gun owner'll buy one and minds'll begin to change. Then, sales'll grow, the sun'll rise in the east and life'll go on, albeit with a few new bumps in the road of freedom for the average law-abiding American.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I think it's time for me to pay Engage a visit and buy something. "Intoxicated" rant or not, that video shows a man who is confident in and passionate about what he believes. What Andy and the rest of the guys need is support from the community, not a bunch of dumb***** with telephone balls calling the store and yelling at him.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And if the 'market' doesn't support it, I have no doubt that the MD .Gov will buy any and all of his stock with our tax dollars to make a point and say the market supports this new technology...:rolleyes:

I bet Frosh would be happy to buy the first one right out of Andy's hands.

Fresh wouldn't even know where the round comes out.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    too much to read.
    Is there a short version?
    I would like to understand and help but wow.

Short version.

WaPo did a hit piece and effectively made Andy and EA into pariahs in the eyes of the 2A community for something that didn't happen and the WaPo twisted to suit it's agenda.

Andy posted a vid and said some things to refute the things that the WaPo said, and had one hell of a good rant.

After Andy posted said vid, the WaPo changed the byline and the story to reflect that after getting death threats he had changed his mind. Unfortunately, he never stocked, nor sold the guns in the first place. Therefore, the stories were misleading and full of inaccurate info.

Pretty much the MSM demonizing gun stores for something and instead of issuing a retraction, they do this to cover their ass. Andy is still feeling the fall out and the heat from the BS that the WaPo did.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Short version.

WaPo did a hit piece and effectively made Andy and EA into pariahs in the eyes of the 2A community for something that didn't happen and the WaPo twisted to suit it's agenda.

Andy posted a vid and said some things to refute the things that the WaPo said, and had one hell of a good rant.

After Andy posted said vid, the WaPo changed the byline and the story to reflect that after getting death threats he had changed his mind. Unfortunately, he never stocked, nor sold the guns in the first place. Therefore, the stories were misleading and full of inaccurate info.

Pretty much the MSM demonizing gun stores for something and instead of issuing a retraction, they do this to cover their ass. Andy is still feeling the fall out and the heat from the BS that the WaPo did.

Add to that....Fox News did a piece this evening and focused on the video rather than the core issue revolving around MD dumb ass laws. They even got Andy on video apologizing. F that...he didn't do anything wrong but I knew MSM would twist this shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom