Which Rimfire Lever Action do You Like Best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I have a few old marlin 39s and you can not beat them! When I shoot lever silhouette
    All the small bore guys shot 39s they are great guns full size smoth and easy to work on.

And yes I love my browning 22 also

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    hey, Jerry I have both a Henry bought several years ago for my son , and a 1958 Marlin 39a picked up at the Bel Air show I haven't shot it yet. Swing by one Sunday and we'll take them down to the club.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    hey, Jerry I have both a Henry bought several years ago for my son , and a 1958 Marlin 39a picked up at the Bel Air show I haven't shot it yet. Swing by one Sunday and we'll take them down to the club.

Hey Joe-- how the hell ya' been? Guess we've both been busy being busy!!!!:thumbsup:

cb51

I bought a used Marlin 39M in 1980. I honestly don't know how many tens of thousands of rounds of ammo have been down the tube since. In 1997 I bought a used Marlin 39TD. More thousands of rounds. Still have both, both still shooting great. No problems with either. Wicked accurate with the Williams receiver sight on them.

I won't bother to shoot any other rimfire rifle, except maybe a CZ. I've been spoiled.

cb.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I would definitely advocate the Marlin. I believe it holds the record for the longest rimfire in continuous production. Last fall I bought an unfired Marlin 39 Century Limited from a MDS member. (Thanks Jackson!!) From the serial number, it was made in 1974 and spend its life sitting in a safe. The Century Limited comes with a straight grip which I much prefer on a small lever action. IMHO, the pistol grip version looks out of scale compared to the receiver. With the straight grip, it looks perfect to my eye. I also love the octogonal barrel and brass accents on the commemorative oval, the receiver medallion and the fore-end cap.

marlin39cl.jpg

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Henry all the way ...

Not only is my Henry accurate and the action is unbelievably smooth, their customer relations are 2nd to none.

I had to send my Golden Boy back because the last cartridge in the tube failed to feed properly. They handled my 'complaint' without question, sent me a pre-paid UPS label, and turned around the repair in 3 days ... free of charge.

My recent purchase of a Henry Mare's Leg was missing the velvet sleeve that protects the brass. I sent them an e-mail and had the sleeve, a Henry patch, a Henry decal, and a personal note two days later.

I don't own or even fired a Marlin lever-gun, but it would have a LONG way to go to change my impression of Henry.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    2nd on the browning lever .22. i never shot one, but do have the blr in .308 and it is a top of the line lever gun. nice thing is the trigger travels with the lever so no pinched fingers. also a detachable box mag, but not sure about the .22 model.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Anyone with any real info on the Henry big boy, would be great.

I'm going to pick up a 44 mag version. Saw one in pg today but it was 45lc. Not much info from regular joes just traditional write ups.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads