• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Just bought my first Glock - a Gen 3 19. My GF seems to have developed a definite fondness for it!

Which conversion kit would you recommend - Advantage Arms or Tactical Solutions?

Thanks in advance!

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    You may also check out Ciener's, that is one that I have been looking at. At $199 it seems to be the most reasonable one around and has good reviews on it. Google CIENER's CONVERSIONS....

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I bought an Advantage Arms G21 kit from the EE here.
    After a short learning curve the thing runs like a top.
    I just ordered some spare mags for it too.

I'd recommend that brand.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Make sure you can secure a bunch of CCI high velocity ammo before you buy.

Not necessary. My Advantage Arms kit loves bulk Remington Golden Bullet. It absolutely HATES Federal bulk though. Not 100% reliable but it’s a rimfire and good enough for me. Mostly I get stuck cases when it gets really dirty after 150 or so rounds. When it starts malfunctioning I just run a bore snake through it and I am back in action.

My vote goes to the Advantage Arms. My only gripe is that the spare mags are pricy.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I have both, one for a G17 and one for a G19. The main difference is the AA slide is aluminum, while TacSol is steel. I like the TacSol better, it feels and balances more like a "real" Glock.

They have been equally reliable. I have the occasional FTF with both, they tend to be ammo sensitive and have their own preferences.

I would not go with a Ciener. While they generally make good products, their customer service is legendary for being awful-to-nonexistant should you have an issue.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I try to lay in a supply of Mini-Mags to condition new .22 rigs, but that's been, well, difficult. CCI Blazer seems to be the best I can do these days.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Not necessary. My Advantage Arms kit loves bulk Remington Golden Bullet. It absolutely HATES Federal bulk though. Not 100% reliable but it’s a rimfire and good enough for me. Mostly I get stuck cases when it gets really dirty after 150 or so rounds. When it starts malfunctioning I just run a bore snake through it and I am back in action.

My vote goes to the Advantage Arms. My only gripe is that the spare mags are pricy.

Advantage Arms as well for my Glock 35. Mine really likes the Remington Golden Bullet followed by the CCI MiniMags. Seems OK with the Winchester M22 but it definitely hates the Federal bulk. I've had one stuck case so far but that didn't happen until I hit 4000 rounds. After I cleaned it and 2000 rounds later, it's still going strong.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Ive had my Advantage Arms G17 kit for more than a few years now and it runs great. At first it only liked Remington Golden Bullets. But now, it runs anything. Including any of the bulk pack options.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Ive had my Advantage Arms G17 kit for more than a few years now and it runs great. At first it only liked Remington Golden Bullets. But now, it runs anything. Including any of the bulk pack options.

I bought one of the originals back in 2000. Mine still only likes remmy golden bullets. It will keep most of the remmy ammo subsonic when I run it with my can. It's kind of fun, but it feel like the aluminum slide and plastic frame are too light.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    You may also check out Ciener's, that is one that I have been looking at. At $199 it seems to be the most reasonable one around and has good reviews on it. Google CIENER's CONVERSIONS....

While you are googling Ciener, look into his BBB rating, customer service complaints, and arrest record.

Then go buy an Advantage arms or Tacsol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom