• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Putting together a concept m16 upper. SD style.
    It consist of:
    BCM upper
    11.5 heavy MG barrel
    AAC M4 2K. Mod 6, 18T QD FH
    Spikes free float rail
    Matech Buis
    BCM low pro gas block
    Troy battle axe stock
    Short foregrip
    Edinine AAC cyclic rate reducer
    Giessle full auto trigger
    ARMs front Buis
    Other parts on order

This is for the ultimate assault rifle build. Going on a registered M16 lower.

Attachments

• District%2012%20Oxon%20Hill-20130407-00166.jpg
      District%2012%20Oxon%20Hill-20130407-00166.jpg
      42.4 KB · Views: 472

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm basically trying to simulate a FERFRANS SOAR and drop the cyclic rate to a manageable 650 rpm instead of 900. the can should soak up most of the recoil and keep the muzzle down.

The long rail gives a longer sight radius and free floats the heavy 1:9 bbl. The 18t flash hider port a barely clear the rail. But that's okay. It's a dedicated suppressed upper SD style. The spikes rail has enough room to clear the can, so that works.

I'm waiting on better lo pro gas block that is pinned instead of being secured by Allen screws. Can not decide of optics as of now. May go with an aim point or a I-4 scope like trijicon or vortex.

Should be ready to test fire at MSAR by next weekend.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Nice.. That going to be a wall hanger..? With ammo shortage that is.. ;)

I have 300 rounds of ammo that I can burn to test fire and zero... After that, it will be a wall hanger.
    I am actually building this for a friend. I'm building a second one for myself. My 16 also needs a facelift.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm not too happy with the low profile gas blocks that are held in place by set screws. They seem unreliable. I took them out and modified the original steel FSB to fit. A hacksaw, file and belt sander , alumahyde and they're done. Secured by taper pins , these should be more reliable.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Scar, they'll defiantly be coming for you first, bro...LOL. That thing is wicked. Do want. :thumbsup:

I just completed a mental evaluation.. I'm good to go.

This thing should be wicked. I'm trying to install a ferfrans cyclic rate reducer/ auto sear delay to keep it at 600rpm.

The true test is the ability to keep all shots in auto burst to stay within an 8" plate at 25 yards.

Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm also working on a 300blk version that should be nice as well. Darn parts back order is delaying things. Still waiting for a seek ins rail. At 1.8" ID , it should take most 308 cans.

I'm excited.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The heart of this upper is a Ferfrans bolt carrier group that has a delayed sear activation system or DSAS. It is purely a mechanical system that delays the activation of the automatic sear by using a reciprocating weighted part that slides within the rear part of the bolt, delay is caused by inertia and spring loaded detents. This action will significantly reduce cyclic rates to about 650 rpm. This eliminates the need for the 3 round burst mechanisms, single and two round burst is easy.

Instead of using a compensator at the muzzle end. I will be using an AAC m42k suppressor to weight the muzzle down and control muzzle flip. The heavy machine-gun
    barrel (1" diameter under the hand guards) should sustain automatic fire better than
    thinner profile barrels.

A third variant will be a SAW version which uses the same setup, except that it will have a heavier COLT LMG barrel and will be fed from either a beta C 100 round drum or the Armatac 150 round SAW Mag.

But, the ammo shortage is putting a damper on full auto shooting at this point. For now, I'll just get the hardware modification and upgrades completed.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Took the 16 and other stuff of to play at The new MSAR.
    Mainly to do functional testing on a couple of builds and to test out the suppressed Upper.

BUT......... The nice folks at MSAR said " NO AUTOMATIC FIRE ALLOWED"

Dammit..... Can't use the happy switch. I got to do functional testing in semi auto. The rifle range at MSAR is fully enclosed and it reflected the sound. It did not do justice to the setup. I took the can off and the blast was even worse.

I was tempted to accidentally flip the switch to auto... But, no..... I followed all the rules. I may have to take these things to Gilberts to try out some controlled burst.

I did use up about 150 rounds of 5.56. They had ammo to sell at one box per customer.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    SCAR, pm me.

I may be able to put you onto a private play area where FA is not only welcomed, but encouraged.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I will definitely take you up on that. I'm just working out the bugs for now. Fo far, She's running like a sewing machine. I need optics and more ammo to burn.

It's not too far away, but there is a small bit of a drive to get there.

85 yard range, outdoors - with an option to shoot from an enclosed building if desired. Definitely a nice option on rainy or hot days. :D

I'd imagine ammo will be a neccessity, even with a reduced cyclic rate - 100 to 300 rounds just goes by too fast.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    SCAR, pm me.

I may be able to put you onto a private play area where FA is not only welcomed, but encouraged.

Brad, you will fall in love with this thing. Highly controllable in full auto, slow enough to do single shots with the happy switch on. Controlled pairs are easy with no recoil or muzzle flip.

This prototype is going to be followed by an 8.5inch 300 blackout. With an integral suppressor.

It will be the ultimate gun designed to piss off any libtards.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    It's not too far away, but there is a small bit of a drive to get there.

85 yard range, outdoors - with an option to shoot from an enclosed building if desired. Definitely a nice option on rainy or hot days. :D

I'd imagine ammo will be a neccessity, even with a reduced cyclic rate - 100 to 300 rounds just goes by too fast.

This gun feels like it's shooting in slow motion. Kinda like the 5.56 version of the grease gun . Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. The delayed sear release system coupled with with the enidine buffer plus a suppressor. More controllable than an mp5. But fires full power ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom