• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    ;)

Those are a couple of nice coins. Are you a into coins? I specialize in colonial and early federal but will buy anything!

Another offer thats hard to pass on, but I already have a couple of each. ;)

Yes, I collect. Slowly completing a high end Buffalo collection right now. Picking up an MS63 1918/7-D is going to tough on the wallet! :)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Coin collectors huh? Well I guess its better than stamps and you do have some real value in some. As close as I come is a Short Snorter from my Grandfather's time in a Bomber in WWII. I think its like 65 bills and 100 Signatures or so. Of course they a taped together so the in most ones are not able to be seen anymore as the tape is to hard. I always kind of liked CSA money too. Ok, ok... I guess I am a bit interested but not enough to actually spend money on it when it could be better spent on guns! Of course I find that to be the case with lots of stuff.

Is the plug in the barrel weld or solder or ...etc. If you are real lucky a lot of the times they filled them with lead! Also did they weld the barrel to the receiver? Any other welds inside? How is the bolt face?

Other then the crack in the stock, it looks complete and nice!

I really love this version of the gun. Its like the definition of a real mans gun! Heavy but not crew serve, powerful... just devastating. I mean, you had this to a real man and he can make it come to life! You had it to a woman and she can't raise it to shooting position... :P Could you imagine going into WWI with that BAR and a 1911 on your side... you would know that you were out gunning every other individual soldier on the battlefield! Some people idealize the sniper and his one shot, one kill... but for me the devastating power that can be brought to bear by firearms like this BAR, in its time, is far superior.

Its certainly one of those guns I will buy if I ever run into serious money.

The question on this gun is the lack of serial number. It could mean an early gun or but having a 1919 barrel, I am guessing it was put together with extra parts left over from WWI production. So I guess there is some chance it could be worth less because of that? I just don't know.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    One can dream about owning an honest to god BAR. I'd love to own one of the Semi BARs. Got to shoot one once and had a hell of a fun time with it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    One can dream about own an honest to god BAR. I'd love to own one of the Semi BARs. Got to shoot one once and had a hell of a fun time with it.

We have some in our club with FA BARs and they are nice! Ohio Ordnance is still making the semis if you want one. They only go up in value!!! Best investment you could make.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    We have some in our club with FA BARs and they are nice! Ohio Ordnance is still making the semis if you want one. They only go up in value!!! Best investment you could make.

As much as I want an OO BAR, any and all spare money I make goes towards gunsmith school for me. A semi BAR is a pipe dream for me sadly.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    As much as I want an OO BAR, any and all spare money I make goes towards gunsmith school for me. A semi BAR is a pipe dream for me sadly.

School, hopefully, does not last forever... It was not long ago I was stepping up to buy a $200 RC K98 Mauser... in college, that was very expensive. Now I own three MGs and a bunch of other firearms.

Also if you are in Gunsmithing school, OOW sells a receiver kit for $2k. Buy that and start adding parts as you can afford. Parking is will be easy, as you know. Trade gun work for BAR Parts and you will get there quick...

The question is not if its a pipe dream but how much do you want it?

Gordnfreman

Feb 13, 2013
    Westminster
    Coin collectors huh? Well I guess its better than stamps and you do have some real value in some. As close as I come is a Short Snorter from my Grandfather's time in a Bomber in WWII. I think its like 65 bills and 100 Signatures or so. Of course they a taped together so the in most ones are not able to be seen anymore as the tape is to hard. I always kind of liked CSA money too. Ok, ok... I guess I am a bit interested but not enough to actually spend money on it when it could be better spent on guns! Of course I find that to be the case with lots of stuff.

Is the plug in the barrel weld or solder or ...etc. If you are real lucky a lot of the times they filled them with lead! Also did they weld the barrel to the receiver? Any other welds inside? How is the bolt face?

Other then the crack in the stock, it looks complete and nice!

I really love this version of the gun. Its like the definition of a real mans gun! Heavy but not crew serve, powerful... just devastating. I mean, you had this to a real man and he can make it come to life! You had it to a woman and she can't raise it to shooting position... :P Could you imagine going into WWI with that BAR and a 1911 on your side... you would know that you were out gunning every other individual soldier on the battlefield! Some people idealize the sniper and his one shot, one kill... but for me the devastating power that can be brought to bear by firearms like this BAR, in its time, is far superior.

Its certainly one of those guns I will buy if I ever run into serious money.

The question on this gun is the lack of serial number. It could mean an early gun or but having a 1919 barrel, I am guessing it was put together with extra parts left over from WWI production. So I guess there is some chance it could be worth less because of that? I just don't know.
    Yes, this is a Weapon! It really is a beast. I am sorry I could not bring it out to the MG shoot this past weekend, ended up going out of town to see a collection.

The plug is soft metal. All the dry firing over the years has put a small hole in the plug from the firing pin. The bolt face looks fine to me,though it is kind of hard to see. There doesn't appear to be any welding in there except the plug.

When is the next time you guy's get together?

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I would take an M1A over a semi auto BAR. Lighter, cheaper bullets, more common parts. Probably more accurate.

Semi-automatic Browning Automatic Rifle? That is an oxymoron if I ever heard of one.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Busted gun? Shoulda hit the last gun buyback. Tell you what, I'll offer the same $100 they would have offered there, just because I'm a helluva guy.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Whatever happened to this story? It's like watching an episode of treasure hunters and then having your wife stand right in front of the tv and missing the part where they tell you what the treasure was worth!

Someone update this thread on this gun! ha...

Gordnfreman

Feb 13, 2013
    Westminster
    Whatever happened to this story? It's like watching an episode of treasure hunters and then having your wife stand right in front of the tv and missing the part where they tell you what the treasure was worth!

Someone update this thread on this gun! ha...
    I still have the BAR. I have been sick the last couple of weeks with pneumonia. I have a couple of Dealers who are interested and want to buy. Neither will make an offer, they want to know how much I want for it. I am not sure what to ask for it. Any ideas?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I still have the BAR. I have been sick the last couple of weeks with pneumonia. I have a couple of Dealers who are interested and want to buy. Neither will make an offer, they want to know how much I want for it. I am not sure what to ask for it. Any ideas?

Tell them 30-35k

If they balk, tell em to spit out a number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom