Ban on receivers, other AR15 parts - Has anyone read about this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hopefully it doesn't get much traction but if it does that is serious bad news.

Said bans possession, not purchase meaning confiscation. Again unlikely to gain much support but if it did we got problems.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Same bill new story. Sen waxman

Right now the gov is closed so I think it will need to wait.

If this passes, the calls for a Constitutional Convention will get louder. I do not think it will pass.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That's not going anywhere. People can propose all the dumb bills they want. It doesn't mean people are going to vote for them.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    Marxists will try everything, all the time, to disarm American civilians. The Doublespeak is already prevalent, with talk to ban "weapons that belong only in war" while in reality 1) said weapons are in no theater of war and, most importantly, 2) every armed government unit inside the country, from the federal to the local level, from the United States Park Police to the armed units of the Department of Education to your county police department, all without exception employ and will continue to employ the semi-auto rifles "that belong only in war". Only law abiding civilians they want to disarm. Want to read a precise description of their endgame? Read Orwell's 1984.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Gun bans are not going to happen at the congressional level. House is Republican and Senate is scared to death of getting voted out by well organized gun groups.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Thanks California, for repeatedly proving that somewhere out there exists bigger political idiots than the ones in this state.

The bill will go nowhere, restricting sales of parts that could also be used to repair existing rifles will get no traction. I think this is a kneejerk reaction to the fact that while many "assault weapons" are banned by name in Kali, shooters can still roll their own because they don't have a copycat rule. It's a "loophole" they've been trying to close for a while.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    That's not going anywhere. People can propose all the dumb bills they want. It doesn't mean people are going to vote for them.

The problem is, we didn't think things would be the way they are here today either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom