• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    I hit select fire on my lunch break, not the best place but its nice to be able to shoot in the middle of the day...

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    I have never been to select fire, however after reading their rules, I wil never go. I have been to Continental and you have to get to know the people before you get some respect. Let's face it at these ranges they are looking out for saftey first
    (You get some really ignorant people walk through the door), and you have a whole group of passive aggressive people running the show. So If you want a truly peaceful experience go to On-target, Horst McCann, or Freestate(best indoor). Or just join a private club!

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    +1. select fire is close to me too. Drive to On Target unless you enjoy getting yelled at as soon as you walk in the door and treated like a moron

I second that, when I first got my Springfield XD45 a couple years ago the guy working the counter was putting my gun down as soon as he seen the Springfield case. He proceeded to tell me I should have gotten a Glock in stead of wasting my money on junk. At that point I was not very pleased so I packed up and left and told him thanks anyway. Just my opinion I happen to like On Target as was mentioned and also my new favorite Freestate in White Marsh because I can shoot my pistols, M4 and my AK47.

Hope this helps but for me who lives 5-10 minutes away from SF I'd drive the extra miles and pay the extra tolls to be treated with respect and a much nicer shooting environment. And again this is just my opinion.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Select Fire

I have to agree with a lot of the posts, they treat you like a moron. I understand that there probably are a plethora of idiots that come in and are unsafe / unskilled / ....but they should not treat all like that.

They do not make you purchase their ammunition now which is great.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have to agree with a lot of the posts, they treat you like a moron. I understand that there probably are a plethora of idiots that come in and are unsafe / unskilled / ....but they should not treat all like that.

They do not make you purchase their ammunition now which is great.

But...... How do you know you AREN'T one? LOL

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ok, I may have missed many posts. I missed all the posts where anyone said these are good guy's at this range. If I read 100 posts about this range, 98 of them are about how disrespectful they are to they're customers.

Was not my point. My point being after being corrected and posted many times about they no longer ban cell phones, people still keep chiming in about how they ban cell phones.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Noooooooo, Cause you go there of your own free will and you were starting to get worked up over the cell phone issue, or at least the ppl not reading your posts about it :D

but seriously, I dont have a problem with anyone who wants to go there, thats your choice and i think everyone should try it. If you dont like it make that decision on your own, dont let the posts keep you from going there.

carpoor

Dec 17, 2011
    I go there just because its close. There is only one guy there I ever had issues with so if you get offended easy you might want to go some where else. With that being said, if a new range opened up in the same driving distance I would go there instead.

alblsnk

Feb 24, 2012
    I've shot at both a good bit and on target is the better option. Out of 30 or more trips to select fire I can say I was treated nicely twice and one of those times they wanted something from me. On top of that the no head shot rule and 4 second pause between firing is obnoxious. Several of the targets the sell have areas specified to hit which are at the same height if not higher than the head on the silhouettes. Just my own experiences.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I just renewed my membership at On Target yesterday.
    Those guys will never criticize your firearms because, well.....they just don't have time to. It's always busy in there, plus I think they are just more human to their customers.

how is continental? i've yet to make it out there. always looking to try new places

They're fine once they get to know you, but always on the look-out for idiots - they have to be, because a lot of would-be cowboys and gangstas don't know which end of their fow-tays the round comes out of. They're also fine with newbies, as long as the newbie tells them upfront that's what they are.

I've been impressed with Freestate the couple of times I've been there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom