• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    I don't understand that, they sell and recommend Glocks.
    Why open a business dealing with the public if you are so damn bad at it.
    Lets start a business, and treat the customers badly so they don't come here anymore! What a formula for success.:lol2:
    I guess that making money isn't an issue....seems they've been in business for quite awhile. I'm not sure who the owner is, but I've only ever seen Wayne and the kid there and I'm almost positive Wayne doesn't own the place. I don't get it how they hassle some and not others and it's not a "regulars" kind of thing because they don't hassle me and I don't go often. Of course the first words out of my mouth usually is "don't break my balls" when I'm in there. LOL

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    IWhy open a business dealing with the public if you are so damn bad at it. Lets start a business, and treat the customers badly so they don't come here anymore! What a formula for success.:lol2:

We could, but I hear that HK has already beat us to it! :lol2:

Rev Boots

Sep 20, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    On target is great in comparison to select fire but as far as weapon rentals, :sad20: they clean weapons about as well as I can build a jet engine with tooth picks and bailing wire. the staff is awesome and its reasonably priced so if you own your own weapon its fantastic, and if you dont you can buy one there:D

Ishootzombies

Dec 31, 2011
    the older guys at Horst & Mccann are okay, the kids are arrogant and condescending (and talk better than they shoot from what I've seen)

quickdrawsam

Feb 20, 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    horst and mccann aint that bad. ammo prices arent too bad. membership is a lil high though for someone who doesnt shoot weekly. but a nice experience overall. no issues

freestate has a nice set up as well. really enjoy the high tech.

both places could have a lil more in stock though as far as shotguns go

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Went there today for the first time despite the reviews... Had a great time

I went by today and was greeted with, haven't seen you in awhile...how have you been, all your mags are empty right, need any targets, is lane 7 OK? When I was done I sts for about 10 minutes and left with don't be a stranger. I haven't been in there for over a year and was treated the same as always. I guess if I was treated poorly I'd feel like many members here, it just hasn't been the case with me. Options are nice to have... :)

Jan 18, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I went by today and was greeted with, haven't seen you in awhile...how have you been, all your mags are empty right, need any targets, is lane 7 OK? When I was done I sts for about 10 minutes and left with don't be a stranger. I haven't been in there for over a year and was treated the same as always. I guess if I was treated poorly I'd feel like many members here, it just hasn't been the case with me. Options are nice to have... :)

ONly range I have been to since I started shooting about 4 months ago...been there 15-20 times, and have always been treated great. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sdog

Feb 20, 2012
    Bowie
    i live in bowie but i tend to go to select fire as i have to drive to AA co to buy cheapo walmart ammo. they are not too bad, after i went there a couple of times. I like their air system too.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I shoot there and have never had any problems. My advice is to go and make your own conclusion. :thumbsup:

I go in. Get my lane and shoot. Pay and leave. I have never asked any questions or bought anything from them.

Just remember to leave your cell phone in the car. :sad20:

Why, whats the deal with the cell phone?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Freedom Armory

Not knowing where you live here is a little known range that most people in Maryland do not know about.

http://www.freedomarmory.com/

Years ago I was a member of on-Target and it was a nice range. Havent been in there for years but I'm sure it is still a nice range. But I find Freedom Armory a much better/nicer range. Also they have a very well stocked invintory with prices that are very hard to beat on guns. Also they are a very family friendly place to go. They are located in PA but very easy to get to off of I83 just a few miles north of the MD line.

R...

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Wife and I were there this past Sunday looking for a beretta, 3 guys came in and rented a lane, before they went in he asked that they turn off their celll phones and no picture.

James

Makes you wonder why. As if they do not want criminal activity to be caught in the act. I have never heard of that at the other ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom