• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Anyone ever use the colibri(sp) cb rounds out of a rifle? Have my tube fed marlin and that would be nice and quiet to shoot around the house if it's cool in them. Apparently they're advertised only for handgun, but I thought I'd ask before purchasing.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    Anyone ever use the colibri(sp) cb rounds out of a rifle? Have my tube fed marlin and that would be nice and quiet to shoot around the house if it's cool in them. Apparently they're advertised only for handgun, but I thought I'd ask before purchasing.

they don't have gunpowder in them only Primers, They wont cycle your action in a Semi, and could possibly get lodged in your barrel on a rifle

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West

I have, and though I haven't had a squib, I could see it happening. they are also dirty and not very accurate.

If I may recommend, CCI Quiet is exceptional, quieter than my air rifle, cycles some semis (like rem 552) and is very accurate to 50 yards.

IMG_0988.JPG

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    I have, and though I haven't had a squib, I could see it happening. they are also dirty and not very accurate.

If I may recommend, CCI Quiet is exceptional, quieter than my air rifle, cycles some semis (like rem 552) and is very accurate to 50 yards.

IMG_0988.JPG

If I may, short of a high dollar target rifle, those groups are impressive for a .22 @ fifty yards.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville

IMG_0988.JPG

I have tried those, and they may be great at 50, but they sucked at 100 for me.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Pearldrums

Mar 3, 2012
    My wife's CMMG likes Centurion ammo, but my Sig 522 does not like Remington. Usually I can shoot bank run gravel through my Sig :-)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    If you think $109 for 375 rounds is gouging try this guy:
    http://ammoace.myshopify.com/products/22-lr-aguila-superextra-eley-prime-30gr-50-rd-box

He wants $115 for a box of 50. But they are Super Extra High Velocity 1280 FPS SUBSONIC Hollow Points. It must cost extra to change the speed of sound.

.22 LR Aguila SuperExtra Eley Prime Copper-plated Hollow Point 38gr. (50 rd box)

$114.95

22 Super Extra High Velocity

38gr Hollow Point Copper Coated Bullet

Velocity: 1280fps

Energy: 131 Ft-lb

NOW ELEY PRIMED!

The picture shows a subsonic HP box.

shooter53

Apr 9, 2013
    I have 1 brick left of remington goldens...after it's gone I'm just placing my remington 597 in the back of my safe til prices come back down and is more available

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I scored a brick of CCI Velocitor from Midway this morning for $59. Was in stock for maybe five minutes. I lucked out huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom