• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I think the main advantage is we have a local source now with stock we can see before we buy. If you have cash you can leave no trace and if you have an issue a local source for a solution.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Will you be at gun shows in the area or have a local point of contact for purchasing? You are in my old hood before I moved to SMIBville. Once you get set up you should seek IP status just PM DD214. Maybe you could also look into other 80% options to expand into.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Thats fine with ordering through the website. I work along with the owner and have Lowers Here in Maryland rather than them being shipped from California. Also I will have the news on the AR10s and 1911s before the public will and have those on hand as well when they are finished.

Okay, cool. When the 1911s come out I'll have to contact you. I much prefer to get these cash and carry as opposed to having an Internet trail that leads back to me. Also, will you be selling the 80% AR-15 lowers after October 1st?

ok I'm new around here so forgive this question. why would any one pay $80 for a plastic lower with no real history or track record that you have to finish when finished metal ones are available for not much more? Is it just so you can say you have a lower that was not on ''the books''? I get that it is technically legal if YOU do all the work, but if anyone else does any work it is not. so what am I missing here? Or am I not missing anything?

Yep, the point is that it is not on the books. The government does not know that you have this firearm, it is completely unregulated with no serial numbers. Huge advantage for an area like MD which is banning certain firearms from being owned.

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    sounds like you loose a lot just to skirt the law. as far as the 100 days go, time flies.

Are you kidding me? It's completely legal, you aren't "skirting" the law. And if waiting to pick up your property for 100 days, instead of the LAW which is pick up on 8th day, is ok with you then I would say your going to be no help at all in fighting the bs laws put in place on 10/1.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Who's skirting the law? Use of 80% lowers is perfectly legal given certain conditions, and I'm sure no one buying one a Polymer80 lower plans to violate those conditions.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Will you be at gun shows in the area or have a local point of contact for purchasing? You are in my old hood before I moved to SMIBville. Once you get set up you should seek IP status just PM DD214. Maybe you could also look into other 80% options to expand into.

Thanx for your support Bro. I probably will do some gun shows but my main objective will be visiting local gun shops and let them know that I will have lowers for AR15s, AR10's, and 1911's. Starting I have to have an order of 50 or more before I ship out. Im working on flyers and more now. Even trying to spread word on social networks like facebook and continue to support my fav gun shop and crew and Engage Armament

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Okay, cool. When the 1911s come out I'll have to contact you. I much prefer to get these cash and carry as opposed to having an Internet trail that leads back to me. Also, will you be selling the 80% AR-15 lowers after October 1st?

Yep, the point is that it is not on the books. The government does not know that you have this firearm, it is completely unregulated with no serial numbers. Huge advantage for an area like MD which is banning certain firearms from being owned.

Bro OF COURSE :party29:! **** FROSH AND MOM ! Obama can continue to sale Firearms to Syria and all these other countries but we can have them?! :mad54: Im selling what ever the Manufacturer makes (AR15, AR10, 1911) . Its our Right and Completely legal. They're not firearms and not regulated until its complete (hence 80%)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Thanx for your support Bro. I probably will do some gun shows but my main objective will be visiting local gun shops and let them know that I will have lowers for AR15s, AR10's, and 1911's. Starting I have to have an order of 50 or more before I ship out. Im working on flyers and more now. Even trying to spread word on social networks like facebook and continue to support my fav gun shop and crew and Engage Armament

Good luck with the shops. I don't know what your margins are but nowadays most are pretty slim. Maybe you could do like Tupperware and find people to host build parties.(hint hint) If you could source lpk's etc and parts to complete them you could profit on all of them. (Maybe people with test ranges could get real preference)

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Aluminum Lowers you have to have a CNC machine or special tools or know someone who does. Also if I remember correctly if someone else drills the holes for you at a shop then you will have to have it registered with serial numbers and such. Polymer you can do at home with ordinary drill with proper drill bits.

This statement is incorrect !!!!

Also if I remember correctly if someone else drills the holes for you at a shop then you will have to have it registered with serial numbers and such.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    This statement is incorrect !!!!

Also if I remember correctly if someone else drills the holes for you at a shop then you will have to have it registered with serial numbers and such.

If I remember correctly if anybody but YOU does anything to complete YOUR lower they need to be a licensed manufacturer and register the lower for normal processing. If YOU can't complete it YOU can't have it.

GoO's

long time first time
    Jun 17, 2013
    just outside Balamer city
    Aluminum Lowers you have to have a CNC machine or special tools or know someone who does. Also if I remember correctly if someone else drills the holes for you at a shop then you will have to have it registered with serial numbers and such. Polymer you can do at home with ordinary drill with proper drill bits.

I understand the concept if drilling plastic at home. No one is finishing aluminum lowers that just is not feasible. I just think this is all dumb.
    Polymer = plastic
    Plastic = crap
    I would still buy a finished one do the back ground and wait. Worth it for the warranty and durability alone.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Good luck with the shops. I don't know what your margins are but nowadays most are pretty slim. Maybe you could do like Tupperware and find people to host build parties.(hint hint) If you could source lpk's etc and parts to complete them you could profit on all of them. (Maybe people with test ranges could get real preference)

Build parties are unnecessary for these items. If you have a hand drill you have all you need to complete them. When you purchase an 80% lower you should also be purchasing the one time use jig which comes with all the bits that you need. It is borderline impossible to mess these up. Also, build parties are dangerous as those are the things the ATF cracks down on. They don’t care if one guy in his basement is making a firearm but a group of people doing it gets their attention. 1911 and AR platforms have so many legal spare parts available online that you should be able to find what you are looking for.

I understand the concept if drilling plastic at home. No one is finishing aluminum lowers that just is not feasible. I just think this is all dumb.
    Polymer = plastic
    Plastic = crap
    I would still buy a finished one do the back ground and wait. Worth it for the warranty and durability alone.

You are way behind the times in terms of your knowledge on material science if you actually believe this. Polymer = just as good if not superior to metal in most cases involving the strength needed to build a lower and other gun parts. Many gun manufacturers are opting to move to injection molded polymer in their lowers and parts, such as glock, ruger, magpul etc. This stuff has historically been shown to handle the stress and perform well in all environmental conditions. All these manufacturers have proven that the durability of manufactured injection molded polymer is no longer to be questioned and polymer80 comes with a lifetime warranty. With how easy these are to make (For the consumer and manufacturer), the warranty, and the science/engineering behind it, there is no reason for anyone to say they aren’t worth the buy.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Polymer = plastic
    Plastic = crap

Plenty of people are finishing aluminum lowers whether you think its dumb or not. I'm completing a titanium lower at home right now.

I'd wager a guess that you've never tried one of the polymer 80%'s. How can you judge something without seeing it or trying it? Oh right, this is the internet.

I made a polymer (Delrin) lower years ago, it works just fine. Is it a gun I'd take to war? Nope. Was it a fun and rewarding project that still provides fun today? Yep!

I think these new plastic paperweights are great fun, they offer the ability to make something with your hands and have a useful firearm. Will you have the BEST firearm possible? No, that's not the point.

-Jim

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Build parties are unnecessary for these items. If you have a hand drill you have all you need to complete them. When you purchase an 80% lower you should also be purchasing the one time use jig which comes with all the bits that you need. It is borderline impossible to mess these up. Also, build parties are dangerous as those are the things the ATF cracks down on. They don’t care if one guy in his basement is making a firearm but a group of people doing it gets their attention. 1911 and AR platforms have so many legal spare parts available online that you should be able to find what you are looking for.

You are way behind the times in terms of your knowledge on material science if you actually believe this. Polymer = just as good if not superior to metal in most cases involving the strength needed to build a lower and other gun parts. Many gun manufacturers are opting to move to injection molded polymer in their lowers and parts, such as glock, ruger, magpul etc. This stuff has historically been shown to handle the stress and perform well in all environmental conditions. All these manufacturers have proven that the durability of manufactured injection molded polymer is no longer to be questioned and polymer80 comes with a lifetime warranty. With how easy these are to make (For the consumer and manufacturer), the warranty, and the science/engineering behind it, there is no reason for anyone to say they aren’t worth the buy.

I agree on the near foolproofness of the concept but having a few experienced people to follow and maybe guidance through the lpk and assembly and maybe even a test range. The ATF is cracking down on businesses that do this. Random parties in random homes would be different as well as the businesses having pre programmed CNC machines vs hand tools or a drill press.

GoO's

long time first time
    Jun 17, 2013
    just outside Balamer city
    Lets be honest here none of us were trusting of plastic ar lowers till this thing came along. If we had been we all would have sought out the bushmaster carbon 15 guns. But no one did. The internet has always been full of stories of these guns blowing up on people. Only guys looking for the bottom of the price barrel guns accept those. This is only to skirt the law. I think now is not the time and this is not the state to play too close to the law.

ibanez320dx

New guy.
    Jun 2, 2013
    Rosedale
    This is the perfect state to do this. Why wait around 4 months to build an AR when you can have the fun of doing it all yourself over the weekend. There is nothing illegal about it so long as YOU do it.

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    Lets be honest here none of us were trusting of plastic ar lowers till this thing came along. If we had been we all would have sought out the bushmaster carbon 15 guns. But no one did. The internet has always been full of stories of these guns blowing up on people. Only guys looking for the bottom of the price barrel guns accept those. This is only to skirt the law. I think now is not the time and this is not the state to play too close to the law.

I think you don't know what you're talking about. The reason some people don't like the first poly ar lowers is because they are the same design as aluminum which means they are weaker. These new ones are designed from the ground up to be made from polymer meaning they will be stronger than the previous ones. On top of that, it IS NOT skirting the law. It is 100% WITHIN the law to make your own firearm. Next time make sure you know what you're talking about before you say anything. Good way to start off being a member of the forum.

To the OP, I think its nice that there will be a local supplier and hope to be able to give you some business in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom