• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    It's been a month since I bought my suppressor and my check still hasn't been cashed. If I called the ATF, would they even be able to find it if the check hasn't been cashed yet? I'm just trying to figure out what I should do from here. I sent in a form 1 a couple of days after I bought the suppressor and it was cashed weeks ago.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I submitted 3 Form 4's for cans. None of the actual checks were cashed. They (BATFE) did do an ACH transfer and if you look at the ID number the check number were the last digits. The ACH listing showed NFA Branch.

Check for that perhaps?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Give it some more time. Wait a couple more weeks and call if if doesn't clear. The last one I sent took a few weeks to clear. This was in February. You are looking at about 9 months anyway.
    Or if you are that concerned, call. When dealing with the ATF, patience is required.

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    I've checked my account for the $200, not just for checks. I'll give it a few more weeks. I know it's going to take a while to get the stamp, I just want to know they received my application. I didn't want to wait ~6 months to check and realize that they never even received my application. Once I know the check has been cashed, I'll put it out of mind.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    At the height of the panic checks were taking about a onth but lately I've seen them between 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it get resolved for you soon.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Always send forms to the ATF via USPS Certified mail with a return receipt. That way you know when someone signed for it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Mailed my Form 4 on May 13th, USPS said they delivered it on May 15th, my bank indicated the check was deposited on May20th. So, 5 days after they received my paperwork, they deposited my check.

I thought this was extremely quick, but others have posted that it's not uncommon to see your check cashed within days of the BATF receiving the paperwork.

I would call. They don't bite...at least I don't think so.

Good Luck!
    Jim Smith

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    Well, my bank account still shows no checks cashed or withdrawals for $200. Vince gave me the serial number so hopefully I'll be able to get ahold of someone from the ATF office and figure out what's going on.

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    Well, I called the ATF with the serial number for my form 4 and of course got told that they couldn't find it(Which I knew it wasn't in their system). They tried to look again for it, also asking me for my name the second time and still no go. Then he asked when the check cashed, which at the beginning, I told him I was calling because the check hadn't cashed. Then he tried to say they never got it but I told him that Duffy's had the notice that they had received. He still tried to argue with me that they never received it so he eventually just gave up and told me I needed to resubmit it.

I gave Vince an update of what was going on. He said he would check with a friend at the ATF and to give him a few days before we resubmit paperwork. Then to my surprise, tuesday, I check my bank account and see an atf withdrawal. Haven't heard yet from Vince about what happened to my paperwork, but I'm glad they found it so we don't have to resubmit everything.

So now I can finally wait patiently for 8,9 months. However long form 4's are taking now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom