• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    any of a number of different things. wasn't anything left really to do any mass spec work, just definitely smelled like potassium chlorate. considering it lifted a 25-ton truck about a foot off the ground, i'd say it wasn't very crappy. in fact i'd say it was pretty ****ing effective, given the lasting health effects it's had.

You were in that truck (mrap?), I presume? I assumed you were just standing next to it... And I also wasn't thinking about what you do...

With a good pyro fuel, that's very, very nasty... And unstable as hell in that quantity. I've blown large trees with about 2 grams of the stuff in my young and stupid(er) days. I was a bit of a pyro then... :(

Glad you walked away from it.

For reference, most flash bangs use less than 5 grams of a k-perchlorate mixture (pretty much the same as k-chlorate, but more stable). So that's like 1,900 stun grenades at once.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If I remember correctly from some reports I read getting ready for the hoco hunting laws they were thinking of passing, contract hunt people often use silencers just so they're not as annoying to the surrounding community...and also to save their ears a bit. I'd feel pretty comfortable using a silencer to hunt in md, but I'd still try to get SOME kind've thing in writing from DNR. Maybe give your local state rep a call and see if they can help you get some clarification.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Yep, subsonic rifle ballistics are kind of unimpressive. That said, supersonic fired through a suppressor is appreciably quieter at the firing line.

yes, that might be the new plan. Im going to look up the regulations in PA as well. there is a lot of info on hunting with this round. It has got to be legal somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom