• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    Getting ready to start the first AR project, looking for recommendations for an upper in 5.56. And yes I know everyone has an opinion :rolleyes:, but at least it will give me places and uppers to look at and compare.

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    Without knowing more about what you want in terms of budget, length, etc (other than legality) I love BCM. Not as pricey as some of the other big players, but reliable and well built.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Getting ready to start the first AR project, looking for recommendations for an upper in 5.56. And yes I know everyone has an opinion :rolleyes:, but at least it will give me places and uppers to look at and compare.

Engage Armament.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Another option is Anderson Rifles. You would have to call them about getting it built with an HBAR barrel. And they are FAST. My last lower was ordered on Sunday evening, shipped Monday afternoon.

BigBoiB

Jun 4, 2013
    MoCo, Md.... for now!
    Another vote for Engage!

Go in, tell them what you're wanting and they'll set you straight! It might cost more than others but the advice and customer service is worth it!!

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Another for one for engage. Tell them what you are looking for and they will set you up right. Very happy with everything have gotten from them.

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    Pre October lower??

Do we have any confirmed guidance (email, letter) on whether you can build a non-hbar with a pre 10/1 virgin lower? I sent an email to the MDSP but haven't heard anything back. I only ask as some people on this board are adamant you cannot.

MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    I'm a BCM fan too, but the problem is I don't believe they sell any complete HBAR uppers. So unless you're going to build an SBR or pistol, you'd have to swap out the barrel. That being said, +1 for Engage.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Do we have any confirmed guidance (email, letter) on whether you can build a non-hbar with a pre 10/1 virgin lower? I sent an email to the MDSP but haven't heard anything back. I only ask as some people on this board are adamant you cannot.

MSP seems to be treating the date of the build as the important one.

Let us know if you get a response back.

The problem is, you can do anything you want. But do you really want to be the test case? Starting with arrest. Having all your firearms confiscated. Trail, Legal bills. All even if you are found Not Guilty. And then, trying to get your firearms back.

Of course Guilty would be prison, and loss of the right to ever own a firearm again.

YOU have to decide if it is worth it.

Me, I will NOT push the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom