• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Yes I do! :D

Yep. I don't have my updated NFA spreadsheet on my home computer, but I dropped off 2 form 4's right around 1/2 - 1/5. They were both signed off by MSP on 2/07.

Just remember that when you got yours back from the beginning of January I got mine back from November 30th. We both got ours back the same day even though there was a month between them from when the were dropped off at MSP.

Personally, I think you and Christie got a little something going on, lol. :innocent0

In all seriousness though. I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to it right now. They're so backed up, things are out of order, etc..... I'm just happy once the forms arrive in my mailbox.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Just remember that when you got yours back from the beginning of January I got mine back from November 30th. We both got ours back the same day even though there was a month between them from when the were dropped off at MSP.

Personally, I think you and Christie got a little something going on, lol. :innocent0

I'll never tell......but its working. :D

And, my last Form 4 from an out of state individual to my FFL/SOT only took about 3 weeks. I know people who have waited 4+ months. :innocent0

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    Take it with a grain of salt. It's something I posted on a forum. BUT, that's my understanding of the process. That being said, I've been to licensing recently, and they have people in there from random assignments doing it on ot, and guys assigned there who are on light duty, etc, so, whatever order they had is probably more melee now.

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    If any of you live in Frederick, before I got my Trust and before the panic...I just took the paperwork to the Sheriffs office and called his secretary prior to let her know I was bringing in paperwork for the Sheriff and I had them back in my hands within 2-3 days.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Well, after 11 weeks in MSP purgatory, I finally got my signed Form4 back today. How rsideout gets his back in 3-4 weeks has me both jealous and curious. There's something going on there, lol.

Forms are off to ATF tomorrow. Gonna be a long wait till my Saker556 can come home with me.........

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    Dropped off Monday 7/15, CJIS letter in mailbox 7/16.

I wonder when I will actually get them back

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Dropped off Monday 7/15, CJIS letter in mailbox 7/16.

I wonder when I will actually get them back

It was nice chatting with you Monday. We definitely need to compare notes as to when we get them back. I am jealous of your toy..... Hellava deal.
    I dropped on off on 7/1 as well.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Well, after 11 weeks in MSP purgatory, I finally got my signed Form4 back today. How rsideout gets his back in 3-4 weeks has me both jealous and curious. There's something going on there, lol.

Forms are off to ATF tomorrow. Gonna be a long wait till my Saker556 can come home with me.........

rsideout is paid by the ATF to discourage people from using trusts. They bump his applications to the top of each process.:innocent0 :innocent0

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    It was nice chatting with you Monday. We definitely need to compare notes as to when we get them back. I am jealous of your toy..... Hellava deal.
    I dropped on off on 7/1 as well.

Nice talking to you too. You'll know when my stamp comes back, I'm sure I'll be bragging about it and post some videos when I get it in hand.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Dropped mine off mid-June. Followed up yesterday with a phone call yesterday. The very nice lady said that she was just working the late April Class III forms.

At this rate, I may have to become a Buddhist. Reincarnation may be the only way I'll ever get to shoot my subgun.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    BOOYA....... Yep, 7 days in my hand today. Dropped off 7/15. Paperwork signed 7/17 and in my hand today. Sundazes was there with me that day. Yours come back?

P.S. My CJIS letter came in the mail 7/16. I'm not sure how they pulled that off. Dropped of Monday, 7/15 at 11:00 am and get my CJIS letter in the mail Tuesday.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    BOOYA....... Yep, 7 days in my hand today. Dropped off 7/15. Paperwork signed 7/17 and in my hand today. Sundazes was there with me that day. Yours come back?

P.S. My CJIS letter came in the mail 7/16. I'm not sure how they pulled that off. Dropped of Monday, 7/15 at 11:00 am and get my CJIS letter in the mail Tuesday.

Yup. Dropped off Monday 7/15 and returned in hand Sat 7/20.
    Now if only the form I took in on 7/1 would come back.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    I recently posted about the turn around time for the MSP sign off on class III. Most answers, including the dealers was 4 to 6 weeks. No problem, I can wait.

I was completely shocked when I got home yesterday and had a big envelope from the MSP. I delivered on the 20th for sign off and received it yesterday the 27th. They dated it the 24th.

Now the ATF wait begins. I dropped everything off to the dealer this morning and they are sending it in. Dont ask me, that is the way they do it. Again, since is my first venture into NFA, I played the game their way.

BTW- it was for a Spectre II can.

Sweet can! Get Rusty to draw up a trust and you don't have to deal with all that BS...

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I have to wonder if the sort NFA forms. Form 1 versus Form 4, firearms versus "other" NFA items. I'm still waiting for my Form 4 (almost 30 days).

They have no system whatsoever. No use in trying to figure it out.

They just stack the forms one on top of the other, paying no attention to the order in which they were dropped off. There is no first come first serve policy. Its basically the luck of the draw. I know it sucks to hear this, but its the way it is.

I just got back a signed set of Form4's last week. It took 11 weeks. A couple months back I got a set of Form1's back. That one took 10 weeks. On both ocassions people who dropped off their forms after me got theirs back before me. And some even unluckier then me who dropped off their forms before me, got them back well after I did. The long and short of it is, there is no system. They have no order they go by. And just because you dropped yours off on "X" date doesnt mean you'll get yours back before someone who dropped theirs off after you. I have done 6 stamps through MSP and its been obvious from the first one that they dont care about NFA at all. They'll even tell you so, "Sorry but ClassIII forms are not a priority for us.". Well no S#*t Sherlock!

*Venting Complete*
    :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom