• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    OK, first NFA items, both new purchase, done by trust and submitted by gun shop to ATF. Took 2 months but check was just cashed.

I have looked at NFATracker but from what I can tell this is just people updating their personal expereinces which seem to vary depending on Form 1 vs 4, electronic vs. snail mail, etc....

Can someone give me a general idea of what to expect time wise after check is cashed? On NFAtracker I have seen some posts suggesting 6 to 8 months after check cashed but at same time reading on here in forums people reporting longer than that.

Appreciate any comments, thanks

Dr Phil

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Forget about it, and go shopping for other stuff.

You will be pleasantly surprised when it is approved. :beer:

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    Welcome to the club, were all in this same boat together. NFA tracker is just that. You put in your personal experience and then it will generate statistical odds that look at all the info to give you a prediction date of receiving your stamp.

opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    Go on a nice vacation until next July with an indefinite return date.

Funny - will take the good advice! Maybe I should look at some other items to add to the trust! Maybe that Uzi ....not! Wife would divorce me on a full auto.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I tried the "you know, a full-auto Mac-10 is only like 4 grand" on my wife, and let's just say I didn't get anywhere.

Still chomping at the bit for an overdue form 1 on my AMD-65... almost eight months since check cashed!!!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Funny - will take the good advice! Maybe I should look at some other items to add to the trust! Maybe that Uzi ....not! Wife would divorce me on a full auto.

See you guys need to learn sales tactics... Don't ask for an Uzi if you want an Uzi.... Start at saying you want a Ferrari! Tow that line until she is actually worried. Then drop that maybe you would rather have a Uzi... see how much better that looks now! That is unless she likes cars!

Seriously, I have bought 4 MGs and am about ready to buy a 5th. I have never had the money to do so without selling other things in my collection to take most of the hit! First MG cost me $1660 cash plus trade. Second could me the a a Rare Tripod no cash, Third cost me the first MG plus $1K. Fourth cost me a tripod and two nice parts kit plus $600. Money for the lastest one cost me 10 parts kit plus a bunch of smaller stuff but no cash out of pocket. With gun stuff going up in price, most of these gun items I have sold I have made 200-300% profit on! So my actually cash coming out of my pocket is steady and relatively small. So when I buy a very expensive MG, she does not even notice... Look around at your gun collection. Say I want this MG and it will be more fun than.... anything that fits... sell! You will find the money!

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have heard anecdotal evidence that the NFA Branch has told people 15 months from the date your paperwork is received, rather than giving you a time from the pending date. No idea of it's accuracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom