• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bronsononson

Bay View Malitia
    Sep 27, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Thinking about investing in a beretta CX4 chambered in 9mm. Im already set up to reload 9mm for my pistol so I though it would be a nice range firearm to have. Its not on the ban list for MD and Im pretty sure its not considered a copycat. Thoughts?

Please don't bend me over if Im incorrect in some of the terminology i use. Just recently became a firearm owner. Still learning my way around.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Thinking about investing in a beretta CX4 chambered in 9mm. Im already set up to reload 9mm for my pistol so I though it would be a nice range firearm to have. Its not on the ban list for MD and Im pretty sure its not considered a copycat. Thoughts?

Please don't bend me over if Im incorrect in some of the terminology i use. Just recently became a firearm owner. Still learning my way around.

I'm unsure, but I believe they may fail the overall length requirement introduced in SB281 of 29", also this would be a thread for the "rifles" section.

Welcome to the forum and to the fight. :party29:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nah ! This is the specific gun that triggered the OAL in SB281 being reduced from 30in to 29in , so as to allow it to be legal.

There is debate as to what extent Berretta USA may or may not have requested the change themselves vs Independent 2A advocates doing the best they could vs selfserving politicians trying to apease Berretta USA , who was then threatening to leave the state ( taking jobs and tax revenue ) if SB281 passed.

But in any interpetation or combination thereof of the motives , the Storm Carbine is specifically legal.

Bronsononson

Bay View Malitia
    Sep 27, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Thank you. And I did check the overall length. It meets the requirement by .7inches (29.7)... So if you would agree that its not mentioned by SB281 and not a copycat it should be of no issue. Just wanted to ask before I went to a local beretta retailer and looked like a fool. I hate getting the "oh god he must not have read SB281" stare. And thank you a second time. I will continue to post related threads to the appropriate section (if an admin doesnt move it).

Bronsononson

Bay View Malitia
    Sep 27, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Nah ! This is the specific gun that triggered the OAL in SB281 being reduced from 30in to 29in , so as to allow it to be legal.

There is debate as to what extent Berretta USA may or may not have requested the change themselves vs Independent 2A advocates doing the best they could vs selfserving politicians trying to apease Berretta USA , who was then threatening to leave the state ( taking jobs and tax revenue ) if SB281 passed.

But in any interpetation or combination thereof of the motives , the Storm Carbine is specifically legal.

Thank you. I had wondered about the whole thing about Beretta USA being located here and how they would influence the law being putting into effect. The overall length is right at the cutoff. I thought it to be alittle bit of a coincidence.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The Storm is a fun gun to shoot. Big Dog Outfitters sometimes has the 20 and 30 round magazines for it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

You should be good to go!

Not trying to break your balls, just as an FYI, this is just a rifle, not a NFA item, post really should be in the Rifle forum. Not that we really care. However since you posted here, now we have to talk about you putting a suppressor on it! Then you could suppress your pistols and Storm with the same suppressor! You can reload your own rounds and make it very quiet! Now we have ourselves a NFA thread! ;)

IMGP0119.jpg

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    If you don't mind me asking. Where did you get your barrel thread and do you have any 922R compliance issues?

That is not my gun. Sorry to confuse you. I just pulled a picture off the internet. Most gunsmiths should be able to thread the barrel. Yes I do think that pulls the gun out of sporting purpose and makes you deal with 922r.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    2A had a 9mm CX4 in stock as of Saturday. Not sure if its still there but its worth a call.

Don't get too excited about suppressing it, dude.

922R issues aside (what you do is your own business) it's an AWFUL suppressor platform. The action is very "open" due to the ambi-design, the bolt is very heavy and makes a lot of noise, and the hollow plastic stock echos the "clonking" from the bolt cycling. It sounds like a REALLY loud paintball marker - it goes "Pffft-clack-CLONK" on each shot.

I got to watch one that was fitted for an old, high-volume (as in "internal space", not dB) Sionics 'can from a Mac that had had a rebuild with a monocore design in the second stage. This suppressor on an AR was stupid-quiet with subsonics. But on the CX4 it sounded much, much louder, both up close and far, far away. The difference was astonishing, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom