• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    looking for a semi auto 7.62x54r belt feed and cant afford a pkm other options?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

SG43 made by wiselite if you can find one.
    Maxim 1910 made by Dennis at Midwest.
    You can convert a Semi Vickers and 1919a4 into 7.62x54r

If you want to go 7.62x39, you can do a RPD. They are all over the place.

None should be an issue after Oct 1. Except for the belts which will for the first time be banned from purchase/sale.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Michael's Machines MM21 or MM23. They are top quality HK21 and 23 clones and are sear ready should you ever get the cash up to buy a sear. Solid reviews. Price isn't cheap.

http://michaelsmachines.com/

From my understanding they are all 308 not 7.62x54r?

My guess is BlackTalon is looking at ammo costs! 7.62x54r looks like it will be the only affordable full size rifle caliber in the foreseeable future...

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    None should be an issue after Oct 1. Except for the belts which will for the first time be banned from purchase/sale.

I guess I never paid any attention to this......belts will be banned after October?

On another note, anyone know the prices on the Michaels Machine rifles?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    ARES defense MCR beltfed AR with a slidefire stock. Uses M27 links. About 4500 for the setup. With a DIAS, RR or RLL. It is awesome. M249 SAW firepower in half the weight.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I guess I never paid any attention to this......belts will be banned after October?

On another note, anyone know the prices on the Michaels Machine rifles?

Yes if you look at the new definition of a removable magazine, it says ammunition feeding devices. That gets belts along with Mags. It use to just say Magazines... so now it looks like belts will be banned from sale.

(F) “DETACHABLE MAGAZINE” MEANS AN AMMUNITION FEEDING 8 DEVICE THAT CAN BE REMOVED READILY FROM A FIREARM WITHOUT 9 REQUIRING DISASSEMBLY OF THE FIREARM ACTION OR WITHOUT THE USE OF A 10 TOOL, INCLUDING A BULLET OR CARTRIDGE.

(b) A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or 7 transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than [20] 10 rounds of 8 ammunition for a firearm.

So I guess the question is do you have to disassemble the gun to get the belt out. On a Maxim were the feedblock has releases and you can remove without popping the top cover, then yeah I guess its banned. On a MG42 I guess there is some question? You have to pop the top cover (disassembly???) to get the belt out if there is still ammo left. However if the belt is empty, you can remove without disassembly? So I guess they pretty much got all belts...

Michaels Machines: Its one of those if you have to ask.... they are not cheap I am going to guess $5-10K for the semi depending on the semi. There is a reason no price is listed.

ARES defense MCR beltfed AR with a slidefire stock. Uses M27 links. About 4500 for the setup. With a DIAS, RR or RLL. It is awesome. M249 SAW firepower in half the weight.

From what I have seen ARES is all 223 stuff, not 7.62x54r? Again, great gun but not 7.62x54r as requested.

504ranger

Mar 3, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    Damnit I guess I hadn't had my coffee when I read the OP :) Sorry about that and yes MM's are all 7.62x51 or 5.56. Best of luck in your search.

On the MM prices they are about $10-12K IIRC depending on the configuration so its considerably cheaper than getting an HK21 for @$40K if you already have a sear or trigger pack.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

I have a really excellent top shelf DP28 parts kit coming up for sale! War dated, overlap, I mean as good as you can get from my person collection. Its got the large pan mag so its still high cap but not belt. Most importantly its 7.64x54r...

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I have a really excellent top shelf DP28 parts kit coming up for sale! War dated, overlap, I mean as good as you can get from my person collection. Its got the large pan mag so its still high cap but not belt. Most importantly its 7.64x54r...

only Soviet gun I think that is ugly lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom