• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Actually I had that happen in a case I handled. For whatever inexplicable reason the MSP issued his permit renewal for two years instead of the statutorily required three years.
    Had a jury trial on the issue because the AG's firearms unit had a hard-on for my client. The AG actually argued that his permit was invalid even though the MSP didn’t follow the law. Jury acquitted him.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Merge the threads.

And close this thread with ...

Only Maryland politicians should have a right to an expired CCW permit and be able to brandish a weapon without consequence.

State's Attorney Gregg Bernstein said, "I found that the state could not prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt,"

Sure they couldn't ... nudge, nudge, wink, wink :innocent0

Here's the REST of the story, or as Robin Leech would call it, "Lifestyles of the Corrupt and Politically Connected."

Adam Meister was sued by Conaway's daughter for $21 million after writing about tax credits on her homes.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Who said that nothing would come of this?

Even if it went to trial...no jury in the city would convict him. Look at all the "good" he's done for the city...it averages out in their mind.

Good to see the No voters all CCW.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Is this lawyer for Conoway BSing about the permit expiring 2 years after the birth month? That sounds awfully fishy to me/

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Is this lawyer for Conoway BSing about the permit expiring 2 years after the birth month? That sounds awfully fishy to me/

Nope. From the Public Safety Article:

§ 5-309. Term and renewal of permit

(a) Term of permit. -- A permit expires on the last day of the holder's birth month following 2 years after the date the permit is issued.

(b) Renewal of permit. -- A permit may be renewed for successive periods of 3 years each if, at the time of an application for renewal, the applicant possesses the qualifications for the issuance of a permit and pays the renewal fee stated in this subtitle.

Squaredout

The Widows Son
    Mar 25, 2010
    So does this law apply to all permits issued inm the state? If so MVA is robbing The teenagers how think there learns permits are expired.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    His permit still should be yanked. Any average Joe would have had his yanked if he was chasing after someone who was obviously unarmed and no longer a threat.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just an update on this one.

We are going to be using his permit application as part of our testimony on the shall issue bills on Tuesday.

This application packet and the accompanying documentation from the MSP and Handgun Permit Review Board demonstrate a level of cronyism and abuse of position that is downright criminal and confirms that the entire system is corrupt.

The MSP correctly denied his application because he did not demonstrate a good and substantial reason. Not saying I like that that's the way things are, but at least MSP was being consistent.

The HPRB overruled the MSP based on the applicant's "feeling" that he was in danger. He presented no documented threats or attacks, yet the board awarded him the permit.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just an update on this one.

We are going to be using his permit application as part of our testimony on the shall issue bills on Tuesday.

This application packet and the accompanying documentation from the MSP and Handgun Permit Review Board demonstrate a level of cronyism and abuse of position that is downright criminal and confirms that the entire system is corrupt.

The MSP correctly denied his application because he did not demonstrate a good and substantial reason. Not saying I like that that's the way things are, but at least MSP was being consistent.

The HPRB overruled the MSP based on the applicant's "feeling" that he was in danger. He presented no documented threats or attacks, yet the board awarded him the permit.

:party29:

I have a feeling it'll go over like a fart in church, but please go forward with that plan.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It's great evidence, as MSI presents, of cronyism. Unfortunately that's what the state of Maryland is known for and I doubt it will mean anything to the legislators who recently showed just such a lack of integrity in their dealing with Ulysses Currie who should have been expelled from the Senate for his actions like a previous senator named Larry, but since Ulysses was 'well-liked' and Larry was not, Larry gets expelled and Ulysses just gets censured. Thus goes the Maryland body politic........ :sad20:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    As usual, people will sit around and say "it does no good" or "why bother" rather than trying to do something. :sad20:

Wonder why I bother, to be honest.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    As usual, people will sit around and say "it does no good" or "why bother" rather than trying to do something. :sad20:

I really wonder why people are so negative here. Is it that hard to fight for what you believe in?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl

Who are you referring to? I hope not me. I am happy to see that some information gathered from this Conaway case will help further our argument for our constitutional right..

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It's great evidence, as MSI presents, of cronyism. Unfortunately that's what the state of Maryland is known for and I doubt it will mean anything to the legislators who recently showed just such a lack of integrity in their dealing with Ulysses Currie who should have been expelled from the Senate for his actions like a previous senator named Larry, but since Ulysses was 'well-liked' and Larry was not, Larry gets expelled and Ulysses just gets censured. Thus goes the Maryland body politic........ :sad20:

:smack:

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC

I really wonder why people are so negative here. Is it that hard to fight for what you believe in?

don't take things so literately. Just because someone doesn't think the action is going to have the desired results doesn't necessarily mean they aren't willing to try the action or give the action any less effort.

Just like writing a letter to Frosh to support the 2A. Do I think it will have any effect on his votes, hell no, but I still do write him and ask for his support and put full effort into my letters.

Now, the people who just sit there criticizing everyone else and putting all the idea's down are the ones who aren't helping the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom