• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Is that too much? I trust my dealer, but my inexperienced research is leaning toward "i got hosed". Make me see, fellas.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I highly doubt any of that would push it to that price. I mean come on its a pump shotgun, an 870. I LOVE mine but thats outrageously high. Like what Wilson asks for their "custom 870".

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    It's the police model right? I've seen them for more than that. I wouldn't pay that much personally, but I don't think you got a bad deal at this time...they seem to be hard to find.

Even when plentiful, they were $200-300 higher than an express model.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I found about 9 on gunbroker. The lowest was $629, one was exactly what you paid and the rest were well over $700 (plus shipping/transfer)

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Its 870P. Ext tube. 18.5. Synthetic furn. No pistol grip. I believe (and hope) parkerized. Front bead. No rear. May be tapped, but i don't think so.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Wave off on that deal. Just get a regular synthetic 870 from a retailer for 300 and some change, the 870 police model doesn't have that much better stuff to pay for double the price.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Jared. Thank you. I read it thru. Alot more to find than just looking at the gun. I will be going back to the store to look thru it more thoroughly.

In case i hadn't mentioned, the gun is on layaway. I've got $500+ to go. Impulse buy. Funds low recently.

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Wave off on that deal. Just get a regular synthetic 870 from a retailer for 300 and some change, the 870 police model doesn't have that much better stuff to pay for double the price.

If I recall correctly, internal parts on the 870P are all metal unlike the basic run-of-the-mill 870 that has some plastic parts. In addition, the P has the metal guard, parkerized and so on.

The OP could always go for a Mossberg 590A1 if he wants the "real" deal in a field shotgun.

:thumbsup:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    If I recall correctly, internal parts on the 870P are all metal unlike the basic run-of-the-mill 870 that has some plastic parts. In addition, the P has the metal guard, parkerized and so on.

The OP could always go for a Mossberg 590A1 if he wants the "real" deal in a field shotgun.

:thumbsup:

I think you are mostly right but it's still not much more than a basic 870 Express.

I bought a new 870 Express this year that has the integrated extended tube, parkerized, all synthetic, front bead only that sells for about $350. The 870P is like a glorified tactical wingmaster edition since it probably has a better finished chamber, non MIM Extractor and a steel hammer, maybe some sort of tacticool sights on it? Still not worth the extra $300 more to me. You can buy all that stuff way cheaper and do it yourself. Flex hone or steel wool only takes 15 minutes of time to fix anything rough in the chamber, it's a shame that has to be done though... fortunately for me, my express was pretty good.

I did have an old 870 Police, probably at least 20 years old that was a much nicer model than what it currently produced. It had some other sort of durable tough green looking finish that wasn't parkerizing.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I highly doubt any of that would push it to that price. I mean come on its a pump shotgun, an 870. I LOVE mine but thats outrageously high. Like what Wilson asks for their "custom 870".

The dealer price on 870 Police Magnums with ghost rings and speed feed is over $700, so that price could be more than reasonable based on options on that particular gun.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    The dealer price on 870 Police Magnums with ghost rings and speed feed is over $700, so that price could be more than reasonable based on options on that particular gun.

But OP said it didn't have speed feed or GR :( I think I bought my 870 (whatever the 18.5" HD model is) at Wally World for like $370.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom