• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Do you think we will stay around the current price or will ammo continue to drop in price?

For instance, we are now seeing brass .223 at $.29/rd shipped. This isn't far from what we saw before everything went up.

Not sure if I should start restocking or wait a little longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Id start stockpiling. Not sure how much cheaper it could get and thats a very good price. Almost not worth it to load.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The dollar is up sharply. Metals demand is down, largely because of economic slowdowns in China and Europe.

My take on this is, wait. I think cheaper ammo lies ahead.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If you see what you want in stock for the right price, then buy it. All it takes is one unpredictable event to send prices sky high again for a long time.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    What exactly is seeing brass .223 at $.29/rd shipped just brass or an actual loaded round?

Anyway I bought Yugo tonight at 20 cents a actual round plus tax. :thumbsup:
    It might be time for me to get a actual AK since this and what I had can use a 30 round magazine instead of the SKS with 10.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.JPG
      IMG_2529.JPG
      45.5 KB · Views: 385

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    What exactly is seeing brass .223 at $.29/rd shipped just brass or an actual loaded round?

It might be time for me to get a actual AK since this and what I had can use a 30 round magazine instead of the SKS with 10.

See my link a few posts up, new manufactured brass cased .223.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    The dollar is up sharply. Metals demand is down, largely because of economic slowdowns in China and Europe.

My take on this is, wait. I think cheaper ammo lies ahead.

The better the dollar the cheaper all the crap from across the pond gets. ::crosses fingers for cheap MNs again::

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008

Where?

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    22LR is still high because of pent up demand. Hoarding is tapering off, but people with little or none left are moving in to stock up and preventing any retail inventory buildup. Prices won't fall until demand drops way off.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Just a matter of time. Then people who sat on their hands too long start panic buying and hoarding and insane prices come roaring back in.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just a matter of time. Then people who sat on their hands too long start panic buying and hoarding and insane prices come roaring back in.

How many people sat on their hands? In the past 6 years, the amount of gun and ammo sales has been insane. Because of Newtown and FSA2013, I bought guns that I probably never would have bought. I have ammunition stockpiled that I never would have stockpiled in the first place. Now, I replace the stock as I shoot it. Probably a lot of people out there just like me. The next Obama or Newtown will not catch us with our pants down. Granted, there are some that still have not gotten everything they want, but I am pretty sure they have almost everything they need.

Just look at the stock prices of gun companies. The gun companies made a killing over the past 6 years. Ruger went from less than $10 a share to somewhere around $70 a share. Now, it is somewhere around $40 a share because the buying slow down has been hitting its financials and profits are nowhere near what they used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom