• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Their shipping weight is ridiculous. They say six pounds for one can! Must be compensating for the size by overestimating weight.

But get the order up to 10 cans and it's about $11 each shipped ($2.75 shipping per can). They have 8300 in stock.

Good tip. Thanks!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Do t we have them in the classifieds cheaper?
    Pretty sure they were cheaper at Chantilly last time I was there.

I find it weird that more IPs don't stock them as sort of a lure to get people into the store. They take up space, but they seem like an item that moves quickly when priced correctly (ie, $10).

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    12 cans = $37 shipping. I don't think so!
    Total cost per can is the only thing that matters. That's $11/can which is reasonable if all you have to do to get them is open your front door.

Don't we have them in the classifieds cheaper?
    I think the member with the pallet-load sold out. For me the total cost including gas was higher for those. (Might be cheaper now that I saw gas $1.99/gal this morning!) Also not counting the couple-hour round trip to get them.

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    No more ammo cans for me. Every time I buy a few more to relieve overcrowding, I go order more ammo to fill them up.

Dang, I'm guilty of exactly that. The last time I bought four more with the intent of using two and having "spares." Yeah, they remained empty for about a week.:innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Total cost per can is the only thing that matters. That's $11/can which is reasonable if all you have to do to get them is open your front door.

It's not so much the final cost, but the cost of the shipping charges. $3 for each can for just shipping. I believe that just too excessive. Call it a principle thing, but when you sell something for a good price, you shouldn't try to rape the buyer in shipping charges.

Just my opinion,
    Jim Smith

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    So if they were $1 a can but $7 each shipping you still wouldn't buy them? Makes no sense to me but it is a free country. :party29:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    So if they were $1 a can but $7 each shipping you still wouldn't buy them? Makes no sense to me but it is a free country. :party29:

It doesn't have to make sense to you. But if you're willing to pay more for shipping than is reasonable, then go for it. I don't need their ammo boxes. I will buy from someone that doesn't gouge it's customers with excessive shipping costs.

I bought 12 from an Ebay seller a few months ago and only paid $20 for shipping. That was a reasonable price for shipping.

Jim Smith

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    It doesn't have to make sense to you. But if you're willing to pay more for shipping than is reasonable, then go for it. I don't need their ammo boxes. I will buy from someone that doesn't gouge it's customers with excessive shipping costs.

I bought 12 from an Ebay seller a few months ago and only paid $20 for shipping. That was a reasonable price for shipping.

Jim Smith

What was your price per can?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Shipped? That's effing sweet. Do you remember the seller/can you find the seller? I just did $11.50/shipped from Nat but if that guy's still selling them at that price I'll use him from now on.

No, I'm sorry, that was $8.99 per can plus the $20 shipping. I guess they equates to $10.66 per can delivered to my house.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Jim Smith

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    No, I'm sorry, that was $8.99 per can plus the $20 shipping. I guess they equates to $10.66 per can delivered to my house.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Jim Smith

All good, still a great price. I never thought to look on Ebay for them. Next time I will. Thanks for the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom