• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Alright I'm sure this will disintegrate into a fanboy showdown(heck I'll probably be part of it), but give me your thoughts on the title pair. I'm letting one of my 9s go to pick up a double stack .45, and was set on the Hk. But looking around the interwebs I see that there are already some used P227s floating around for reasonable prices, so it got me thinking.

I am familiar with and like the Hk45. I have no direct experience with the Sig. I do like the P226, and the idea of a metal framed .45.(Not that polys have ever treated me bad) How's Sig's quality nowadays?
    Not interested a Glock or FN, just fyi.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I like both... Hard decision. So, to make it even a harder one, consider the FNP-45. 15 rounds of goodness. Neither of the previously mentioned can accomplish that. (Out of the box)

TheRealJimDavis

Jan 28, 2013
    The Burnie
    I have the HK45 Tactical. I run it with a can regular. It's a tank. Easily the finest production pistol I own. I have had two 220's and have a 226. I love sig too, but that HK is a top notch pistol, I vote HK. Trigger probably being deciding factor. I am good w/that thing at 50 yards.

As an aside, it's a true hog leg. Huge. Dont think its readily concealable, if thats a concern.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    I was in the same predicament a few months back. I was dead set on the HK45 Tactical until I was able to hold the two side by side at 2A Sales. Don't get me wrong the HK45 is a beautiful gun but the P227 just felt more natural in my hand. So far I have been very pleased with my decision, with roughly 1,000 rds through it without one hiccup. I liked that it came with one 10 rd mag and one 14 rd extended mag. The 14 rd mag does stick out about two finger widths past the magwell so it's no beauty queen but 920 grains of extra stopping power is a huge bonus lol. It is currently my HD gun with the 14 rd mag and a Viridian X5L. I plan on eventually getting a suppressor for it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    USP standard mag is 12 rounds.

Extended mags are available.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Just got a P227 yesterday. Considered an HK, but their attitude and ridiculous suppressor policy is a major turnoff.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I went through exactly this.

I bought both. :D

This is a likely outcome at some point haha

And that has what to do with the HK45? HK45 mag is 10rd max capacity.

I'm guessing he was suggesting the USP as an alternative option. I actually have a USP9 and its great but I love the ergonomics on the newer HKs more. With the Hk45 I'd be buying some +3 extensions for the mags most likely.

Sounds like the Sig is solid, so I guess Im going to have to go play with one in a shop. As for the FN, I've handled it and to me it has about the ergos of a brick. I appreciate the suggestion though.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'd vote for the P227. Personally I'd have the SAS version. But, I'd also consider a SA XDm. If you get the compact you can run fullsize mags in it.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I know it is not on your list but I held the HK45 and ended up getting a S&W M&P 45. Just liked the feel better. Never touched a P227.

Dave

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    A few months back I was looking at an HK (can't remember which one) and the P227 SAS. Holding them both the P227 felt best in my hand, so that's what I bought. Sadly I have not gotten it to the range yet, maybe Monday it's a holiday and I'm off, now if something doesn't come up to keep me away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom