• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I hunted all day last Friday, in my 2-man ladder stand that I hunt out of religiously, and saw 1 doe. I decided to try a different spot on Saturday and my brother killed this out of my stand. The bottom pic is from a trail cam a few weeks ago, when he was still breathing.(date stamp is wrong)

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
      IMG_0197.JPG
      69.6 KB · Views: 461
    • PRMS0433.jpg
      PRMS0433.jpg
      167.1 KB · Views: 461

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    His right side is a little weak. Just trying to ease your pain. Nice deer. Congratulations to your bro. Way to keep it in the family.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Lol that's one of the reason I hate to let people hunt my stands. Alway thinking they are going to get the big one when I'm not in it but at least you now know that you got the stand in a good spot. So where about was he taken?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Nice Buck!

There's also a lot to be said for sticking IN your stand. Early morning and late evening go without saying. But one of my favorite times of the day has always been around lunchtime. Been my time more than a few times when other hunters are piling out of the woods, and are piling back in a couple of hours later.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I will agree it takes a little luck, but if you do your homework and learn their patterns it tells you when to be in the right place at the right time.

Mark, Taken in QA County near Barclay.

Outrider, funny you say that. That was the first thing I said to my brother to try and ease my own pain.

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    Nice Buck!

There's also a lot to be said for sticking IN your stand. Early morning and late evening go without saying. But one of my favorite times of the day has always been around lunchtime. Been my time more than a few times when other hunters are piling out of the woods, and are piling back in a couple of hours later.

I finally figured this out about 10 years ago or so. I will usually get up early for opening day, but after that I normally get in the woods between 9-10 a.m. Let the others move the deer around.

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    I finally figured this out about 10 years ago or so. I will usually get up early for opening day, but after that I normally get in the woods between 9-10 a.m. Let the others move the deer around.

I got a good buddy that does that he said deer don't want no frosty leaf to munch on he stays in stand from 9 to 5 lets all the hunters coming in and out push deer to him hes been pretty good at getting nice bucks

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I watched a nice 8 point strolling around a recent clearcut today at 2:45 pm. Just lumbering through, walking into the wind toward a brushy gulley the loggers left stand.

I have always stayed on stand through the lunch hour, and all day if I feel confident about the spot. I've seen almost as many deer at 1-2pm as I have at daybreak.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I have not been in the wood for almost three weeks now so my cameras were Full of pics. The balk of my pics where taken between 12-3 and most of the buck I got were at that time frame. So " STICK IN YOUR STANDS!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom