• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Just got the Zastava M92 AK pistol and I would like to go ahead and submit for SBR (waiting on getting my trust set up prior to submitting for tax stamp), but have a couple of questions.

1. Is the M92 even legal to SBR in Maryland since it is an AK?

2. Since the Zastava is made in Serbia, do I have to replace parts with USA parts, and if so, how many parts do I need to replace?

3. With the stock added, does the overall length still need to be >29" (excluding the removable muzzle brake)?

Thank you in advance.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    1. Yes. It is a pistol, not a rifle.

2. If you are SBR'ing the rifle on a form1, you are now the manufacturer

3. Yes

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Re 2: I believe all the imported M92s already have the requisite minimum number of US made parts.

Re 3: The actual OAL rule is a bit murky in Maryland, but it's probably safe to keep it to >29".

Hopefully, Nate or one of the other lawyer-types can chime in with a more learned legal view.

p.s. You're right about MD's "beautiful motorcycling".

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Thank you for the info. The 922R issue was a big concern since the PAP M92 has no U.S. parts - 100% Serbian. Didn't realize that the U.S. parts requirement didn't apply to imported pistols. What a stupid law...

And fred333, hope you were out this past weekend...the weather was great for riding! Next weekend, not so much...

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    They recently started approving MD SBRs, but it's a bit unclear what the hold-up was or whether OAL was a relevant issue?

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    And fred333, hope you were out this past weekend...the weather was great for riding! Next weekend, not so much...

Yes, but on four-wheels. The bike's been winterized, so I won't be riding for another six to eight weeks. You?

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    In going to do something like this with mine:

9cbc9b32c09fb1f761dcd14d3125450d.jpg

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    If your M92 has a 10.5" barrel, IRC it has an OAL of 18". With an under folder stock it will add 10" so the SBR length will fall short at 28". You will probably need to permanently attach a muzzle device to make it >29".

BTW, I currently have that same "stamped" under folder stock with the trunnion that is shown in the picture above for sale in the classifieds.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    If your M92 has a 10.5" barrel, IRC it has an OAL of 18". With an under folder stock it will add 10" so the SBR length will fall short at 28". You will probably need to permanently attach a muzzle device to make it >29".

BTW, I currently have that same "stamped" under folder stock with the trunnion that is shown in the picture above for sale in the classifieds.

Zastava pap m92 imported by century arms international is 19.75" without a muzzle device.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Zastava pap m92 imported by century arms international is 19.75" without a muzzle device.

If it is 19.75" then you are GTG! I have a M92 build I am working on but it measures only 18.5" - I just went to the garage and took a measurement. If I was to attach an under folder it would fall short.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here is a picture of the M92 build. I still have to finish the rails, install the trigger, sand blast and parkerizing.

There are ways to own an AK pistol without submitting to the HQL BS - No Live Scan finger prints, no photographs, no serial number, no 77R, no 4473, and no 7-day waiting period. F-Frosh!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      138.1 KB · Views: 507

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Here is a picture of the M92 build. I still have to finish the rails, install the trigger, sand blast and parkerizing.

There are ways to own an AK pistol without submitting to the HQL BS - No Live Scan finger prints, no photographs, no serial number, no 77R, no 4473, and no 7-day waiting period. F-Frosh!

Word!

Nice job. Someday I'll finish my M92 pistol kit. Damn work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom