• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Slip2000 Carbon Killer, it'll take that ish right off.

Yes I've used it, and yes, it works great.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Anybody else having issue with carbon build-up and severe burn-in with their NiB BCG? I watched several youtube videos of people just wiping off the carbon fouling on the bolt with a dry patch. I have to scrape off the carbon just to get it off the bolt. I tried slip 2000 carbon cleaner, Frog lube and a brush and it still wouldn't come off.

I have a Young Manufacturing NM BCG that is hard chrome and it still looks brand new even though it has more rounds that the JB BCG. I exclusively use Federal 223 ammo.

Here are some pictures I took after wiping the parts with frog lube. Notice the firing pin which looks chromed is noticeably cleaner that the carrier and bolt.

bcg1.jpg

bcg2.jpg

bcg4.jpg

From top to bottom:

Brand new JB Enhanced NiB

YM National Match with about 600 rounds

JB Enhanced NiB with about 400 rounds

bcg3.jpg

Last edited:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    It might have to do with the manufacturing. I have 2 NiB BCGs. One Spikes and one Black Rain Ordnance. My Spikes still looks brand new after 1500 rounds. My Black Rain looked like sh*t after 500 rounds. Not sure what the cause is but as long as they both operate properly, I'm not going to worry about it much.

Jeproks

Jan 8, 2013
    Care to comment JoeBob? I called a few times and your employees gets very defensive. The only hear what they want to hear.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Anybody else having issue with carbon build-up and severe burn-in with their NiB BCG? I watched several youtube videos of people just wiping off the carbon fouling on the bolt with a dry patch. I have to scrape off the carbon just to get it off the bolt. I tried slip 2000 carbon cleaner, Frog lube and a brush and it still wouldn't come off.

Are you running yours wet or dry? I have at least a dozen NiB BCG's from different manufacturers and they all end up discoloring. I run mine wet with Slip EWL or Mobile1 and clean after each range session. That could be as little as 60 rounds or as much as 800 rounds. I may have to check out the YM National Match if it stays that clean after 600 rounds.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    Care to comment JoeBob? I called a few times and your employees gets very defensive. The only hear what they want to hear.

All NiB BCGs I've ever shot will show some sort of "staining". My personal Kies NiB BCG I've shot for a few years now gets shot with hardly any lube and gets cleaned every 1-2k rounds. It looks about as black as a normal BCG.

BCGs with black coatings show staining less because of the black surface finish. The surface should still be "smooth" to the touch and self lubricating. All BCG's were coated by WMD Guns on a pallet so all were dipped in tanks at the same time in the same batch.

It seems some BCGs will stain more than others because of the surface finish under the coating. IE, slight differences in the final polishing of BCG A versus BCG B will cause a slight surface finish difference to "hold" stain differently.

Do the BCG's function properly? When the BCG is clean does it feel the same on the surface as the other NiB BCG?

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Many of the NiB BCGs I have bought I was warned that color may change over time. I have BCG that started off silver and now is lightly gold, I have others that have darkened but all work fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom