• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Thanks! Had that in my wish list. Saved me a few bucks.

On a side note...hadn't realized Amazon started charging MD sales tax. Not happy about that. Send most of my packages to my DC work address anyway, which is where this one ended up going...

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    $73.99 today but still a good deal. I've been knocking together wooden fixtures & jigs for ages when I need to work on something, maybe it's time to start pampering myself.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    $73.99 today but still a good deal. I've been knocking together wooden fixtures & jigs for ages when I need to work on something, maybe it's time to start pampering myself.

Yeah I'm in the same place with a rifle bench rest for the range. Keep using whatever is in my car trunk that day to rest the rifle and sight it in. Usually a backpack stuffed with whatever. Might have to spring for a leadsled.

89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    When you go to check out, it should take an additional $10 of as part of their $10 off $50 deal.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    When you go to check out, it should take an additional $10 of as part of their $10 off $50 deal.

Well that settles it. Just placed the order, plus I had $11 in charge card points to apply too!

Sig Fan

Feb 15, 2011
    PRMD

On a side note...hadn't realized Amazon started charging MD sales tax. Not happy about that. Send most of my packages to my DC work address anyway, which is where this one ended up going...

Marty said it was for the jobs, but that shiny new Amazon warehouse in Balt City was all about being able to tax Amazon purchases now.

I picked up the Tipton Best Vise last Christmas time at Bass Pro for something crazy low like $49. I wasn't even in the market for it as I already had the regular one (not the "best" model). Send me a PM if your interested in that one. It's barely used and I'll let it go for cheap. ;)

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    Went to Radio Shack in Edgewood Friday not sure what I'd find and it was business as usual i.e. clueless counterpersons wanting to sell me a cell-phone, didn't buy a phone but did get the electronic components I was shopping for in stock and cheap.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Mine cost nothing....
    Misses Claus had it under the tree....;)
    Had built "jigs, rigs, fixtures" for this and that...
    now just use this for what I need....
    don't have to spend half the day looking for
    the other things...
    it's attached to a 1 by so I can use it anywhere.
    even though the other half gets "upset" when
    it's clamp to the table...

@todbiker
    The Lead Sleds are nice also and if you can catch the DFT on sale get it
    Ransom Rests (handgun) are great but $$$, then you got to buy inserts.

-Rock

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Anyone a true believer in this Tipton Vise? Before I order, wondering how it might measure up against the Hyscore or CTK Precision P3 vises?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MZILAY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AD6RFAAQRI8WI

http://www.amazon.com/CTK-P3-Ultima...1&keywords=CTK+Precision+P3+Ultimate+Gun+Vise

I have no experience with either of those. Had a cheaper model Tipton and decided to step up to the Best model because it seems more flexible between my C&R bolt rifles and AR's.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Amazon also sits on orders now for 3-5 days before shipping unless you have Prime, even if you pay for shipping.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Anyone a true believer in this Tipton Vise? Before I order, wondering how it might measure up against the Hyscore or CTK Precision P3 vises?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MZILAY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AD6RFAAQRI8WI

http://www.amazon.com/CTK-P3-Ultima...1&keywords=CTK+Precision+P3+Ultimate+Gun+Vise

I've been using the Tipton for years. Works great. I like that it's heavy-duty plastic. The two you linked are metal. Guess what happens if you're not careful and a gun knocks against the metal. You'll wish you had got the Tipton instead.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I've been using the Tipton for years. Works great. I like that it's heavy-duty plastic. The two you linked are metal. Guess what happens if you're not careful and a gun knocks against the metal. You'll wish you had got the Tipton instead.

Good advice. Thanks all. Gonna try the Tipton.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Amazon also sits on orders now for 3-5 days before shipping unless you have Prime, even if you pay for shipping.

Not too happy about the sales tax, but for me Amazon Prime is worth the money and time you save in shipping, the streaming of movies, free kindle book checkout, music library you can listen to for free etc, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom