• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    If this was about Midway instead of Brownells you'd all be piling on.

Nope. If this happened to me with Brownells, I would be PISSED too. As it is, Midway with its .22 CCI Mini-Mag cancellation has lost my business forever and Bass Pro has lost my business forever with what its imbecile employee did back in August. If Brownells pulled what the OP describes, that would be the end of Brownells for me too.

If things went down the way the OP mentions, and Brownell's wanted to do right by the OP, Brownell's could have offered the OP something, anything, like a reduced price on some other .223 ammo or a credit toward his next purchase, or the remainder of his purchase for free.

Nope, I think the gun industry has got accustomed to huge profits over the past 6 years of Obama. Lord help these companies when things dry up if a Republican POTUS is elected. Look at what has happened to a lot of the LGS in Maryland after demand was met insane in 2013. In 2014 demand fell off a cliff and a lot of the stores have paid dearly.

The question the OP should be asking is, "Has anybody received .223 XM855 from Brownells?"

Just went to Brownell's website and it is all listed as out of stock. Might have been some "insider buying" by people that knew the ATF announcement was coming.

End of the day, I'll give Brownell's the benefit of the doubt since it is entirely listed as out of stock on its website and the price remains at what it was. Essentially, it did not pull a CTD.

Granted, there is the capitalism argument that supports what CTD did, which allows people with money to at least get some of the items that others cannot afford.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    I have and will continue to use Brownells.
    Awhile ago, I order some federal bulk 223 that was on sale and placed on backorder. It took almost a year before they sent my ammo but they honored the price quoted.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I agree I have about 1000 rounds of green tip if you want to get a auction going.Wait I think I need to put it on GB there are bidders on there that DON"T know what it is and will pay through the kazoo. JUST KIDDING!
    I'm going to take my cheapo steel-cased Wolf, paint a green tip on the bullets, and make a mint on Gunbroker. Best part? They'll never be able to tell the difference when shooting it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Brownell's does not have the most robust online ordering system.

For things that are very low stock, you may be able to put it in your cart and order it, and have it not get shipped. I have had the happen.

I have gotten very old backorders from them. One thing I thought was on back order and did not ship when it came into stock was a royal screw up on backordering/cancelling/other issues. Wrong thing got canceled.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I had one experience with Brownells during the Sandy Hook panic. Two days after Sandy Hook Brownells still showed PMAGS on sale and in stock. I ordered 20 PMAGS . A few hours later, when I checked Brownells' site again, they were shown as OOS. I started to sweat because I hadn't gotten my email confirmation. Well, the confirmation email finally came through, IIRC a day or two later, and the mags showed up at the shipping address (outside of MD) within two weeks, at the sale price. They still honored the sale price I ordered at and delivered the goods even after the panic began. One experience, I know, but Brownells did the right thing by me.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I had one experience with Brownells during the Sandy Hook panic. Two days after Sandy Hook Brownells still showed PMAGS on sale and in stock. I ordered 20 PMAGS . A few hours later, when I checked Brownells' site again, they were shown as OOS. I started to sweat because I hadn't gotten my email confirmation. Well, the confirmation email finally came through, IIRC a day or two later, and the mags showed up at the shipping address (outside of MD) within two weeks, at the sale price. They still honored the sale price I ordered at and delivered the goods even after the panic began. One experience, I know, but Brownells did the right thing by me.

Midway and CTD did the same thing for me. Then, CTD got "wise" and raised the price on mags to $99 and Midway just recently cancelled my .22lr CCI Mini-Mag order when others that ordered just a couple weeks before me were getting their stuff shipped to them. Yep, I am not shopping at either place anymore. Pretty soon, I'll be saving all kinds of money because I will not be shopping at any of the large online retailers, or I will be spending a ton of money at my LGS.

gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    shipped at some places means they have printed a label. it may sit on my dock for 4-7 days awaiting forwarding or delivery.
    amazon often sells out of stuff before i completed my payment, it happens.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Midway and CTD did the same thing for me. Then, CTD got "wise" and raised the price on mags to $99 and Midway just recently cancelled my .22lr CCI Mini-Mag order when others that ordered just a couple weeks before me were getting their stuff shipped to them. Yep, I am not shopping at either place anymore. Pretty soon, I'll be saving all kinds of money because I will not be shopping at any of the large online retailers, or I will be spending a ton of money at my LGS.

The situation changed over the course of a couple of weeks? Not a surprise. Inventory levels change by the minute. There will always be a person who grabs the last item off the shelf, and the next guy that comes by is the first one to find they're OOS. It just happens. When the M855 news broke, I ordered 1,000 rounds from a different online retailer and, an hour later, they showed OOS. Two days later it was back in stock, but at a higher price. I had already gotten my email order confirmation, but not shipping confirmation. Yet another day later, I got an email from the retailer saying my proof of age was not on file, and they needed my DL to process the order. Oh oh, I thought for sure I'd be cancelled, at least at the old price. Nope. I sent a scan of my DL and the ammo showed up yesterday, at the price I ordered.

ETA: Were all of you backorderd on the Mini-mags? I wrote my response not thinking you may be talking about a backorder situation.

dendog

Mar 5, 2011
    Howard County
    In the last 18 years of dealing with Brownells I have never ever had a complaint or reason to question the integrity of the company. The sales people have always been helpful and curtious. I think somebody is a little to paranoid. Not everybody is out to get you.

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    I don't think he has ever dealt with online ordering and inventory systems. I have dealt with inventory systems, and even those that claim they are "real time" are actually about 1 minute to 24 hours behind current time, depending on a lot of factors.

I just ordered some M855 (Carl Gustav) from AIM. Decided to try 500rds - sold in 100rd packs. Cart immediately stated 'only 4 left in stock!' So, I ordered 4. Immediately after placing the order, I checked the ad - SOLD OUT!

They have a good system.

P.S. I have never personally experienced a problem with Brownells. But I suppose from time-to-time 'stuff' happens!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    In the last 18 years of dealing with Brownells I have never ever had a complaint or reason to question the integrity of the company. The sales people have always been helpful and curtious. I think somebody is a little to paranoid. Not everybody is out to get you.

I have had two instances of screw ups by Brownells.

I both cases, they made things right, provided free shipping to get the proper parts to me. And in one case,let me keep the wrong parts.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Walmart has real time inventory as well as many other locations do as well.

Yes its limited to the accuracy of the counts in recieving and shipping but a number of places have this capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom