• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    I used one and loved it. In order to get a true x1 just close the front cap. It seemed crazy at first, but if you shoot with both eyes open it works better than you'd think! All you see is the dot in the middle of a black background. Those of you with Aimpoint pros should give this a shot!

I am hoping to mount a fire dot soon.

superman2001x

Jul 6, 2013
    howard county
    $372 is a great price. I have one of these and the light weight is the best part. the 1.5x low end magnification might slow you down in 3 gun, but you'll need to add at least 4-7 ounces to get a true 1x.

BigO

gotta practice more
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 15, 2012
    Back in Carroll Co.
    I have one on my AR. Got it from Bass Pro last Spring. Put about 100 rounds through it after sighting it in. I like it. I'm not too experienced as I haven't mated any other scope and center fire rifle together. My plan was to use it for 3gun. Haven't got around to doing any practice or competitions yet.

Suggestion - go to opitcs planet and see what the buyers there have said about it.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I don't have 1.5-4, but I do have the VXR Patrol 1.25-4 model with firedot and love it. I had a Burris MTAC 1-4 first but wanted to see how notiable the weight difference was and it's pretty obvious. The 1.25 took a little getting used to but overall I'm much happier with the lighter scope and less cluttered reticle.

The brightness on the MTAC was brighter, but the firedot isn't dim by any means. In my experience it hasn't washed out in bright light. Even if it did, the reticle is clear enough that the illuminated dot wasn't needed.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I also have the vxr patrol and very happy with it. As stated above was drawn to it for the uncluttered reticle and weight. After some use I have become accustomed to the 1.25 and is not a big deal in my eyes for the trade off it offers. Glass is also great.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    At that price you could step up to the Burris MTAC 1.5-6x (about $370 on the street) which has a 40-42mm objective. No 24mm objective no matter the cost can makeup for the light gathering power of a 40mm objective. And it is still 1 oz lighter than the Burris MTAC 1-4x24. According to most of the big name scope makers a real one to one on the eye is actually a 1.1x scope not a 1.0x. I looked thru a lot of scopes before picking the Burris MTACs for 3-gun (really wanted a Vortex Razor HD II 1-6x24 but when it came time to buy a scope I no longer had the $1300 I needed for the Vortex). Yes the Burris reticle is busy but I find I can shoot it really fast in 3-gun and it is especially good on the long range shots. The 1.5-6x I had to get used to the magnification at the low end but it didn't take that long for me anyway. Also the reticle was 50% bigger which was actually a bonus over the 1-4x. Reticles are a very personal thing. Either you like them or you don't so don't get wedded to a particular scope or even brand until you can try it out some. Look thru a lot of them and try to imagine how it will work for you.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Wow that Vortex 1-6 seems like a great deal at $330. I may have to pre-order and check it out. It's only one inch longer and 6oz heavier but the price is significantly lower. Worth a shot I think.

Plus, returns with B&H are very easy having used them hundreds of times for camera gear.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    This scope is a lot of bang for the buck. It's my favorite low power variable BY FAR. Glass is crystal clear, the firedot is a nice bonus, the towers come pre set for standard ar caliber and have a great positive click when adjusting.

I got mine at palmetto for $399 with the included Leupold mount ($100 mount). Go to PSAs site and search for leupold Mark ar.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    This scope is a lot of bang for the buck. It's my favorite low power variable BY FAR. Glass is crystal clear, the firedot is a nice bonus, the towers come pre set for standard ar caliber and have a great positive click when adjusting.

I got mine at palmetto for $399 with the included Leupold mount ($100 mount). Go to PSAs site and search for leupold Mark ar.

Thank you

I couldn't pass up that deal. I just got it. If anyone else is interested. Here it is.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/checkout/cart/

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County

Excellent deal!:thumbsup:

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Update. I ordered this scope on 2/19. PSA sent me a shipping notice today.

The price was great but they sure aren't hoing to win any speed records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom