• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abellmio

May 17, 2011
    I have two, and purchased my second from PSA. Bone dry out of the box. Added lube, and it works flawlessly. No canted sights.

They seem to be kind of hit or miss. My brother in law bought a VZ from them and loved it, and bought an AR later and had some issues with the upper. I bought one from them years ago and haven't had a single malfunction aside from crappy steel cased ammo shortstroking the bolt carrier.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They seem to be kind of hit or miss. My brother in law bought a VZ from them and loved it, and bought an AR later and had some issues with the upper. I bought one from them years ago and haven't had a single malfunction aside from crappy steel cased ammo shortstroking the bolt carrier.

My AR upper and BCG from them work fine, with steel or brass. Plenty of my friends have bought PSA AR's that work fine, no issues, though one had an upper that had a top rail that was undersized.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    They can keep the vz2008. It sounds like most users have issues with the vz2008 bcg missing a tab. The tab can be welded on, but that sounds like a hassle. I'm not sure why someone would pay for such an unreliable rifle, but then again I've never understood the 1911 thing either.:D

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They can keep the vz2008. It sounds like most users have issues with the vz2008 bcg missing a tab. The tab can be welded on, but that sounds like a hassle. I'm not sure why someone would pay for such an unreliable rifle, but then again I've never understood the 1911 thing either.:D

That's because Czechpoint patented the welded on tab modification, preventing Century from using it. I believe Century used it for a while until Czechpoint made them stop. The problem was created in adapting the Vz.58 design to semi auto only. Century apparently came up with another fix.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    The reviews I've seen on the vz2008 have been overwhelmingly positive. Seems like the 1st year or so of production there were some issues but nothing to speak of in the last few years. My own has never had a failure of any kind in about 2000 rounds, except a single failure to extract caused by bad ammo. The extractor actually tore a chunk of the steel-cased cartridge rim off in that single instance.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Seems like a good endorsement. I've been hemming and hawing about getting one of these (from an IP) or a semi in 308. Have a lever and bolt in 308, so have been accumulating ammo. 7.62x39 is relatively cheap, but the potential energy barrier in adding another caliber is high for me.

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County

I heard the same, with the initial batch of vz2008. I had a tab added to my 1st rifle, even though it was functional. I paid $55 for piece of mind because my 2nd rifle is untabbed and works flawlessly.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    I heard the same, with the initial batch of vz2008. I had a tab added to my 1st rifle, even though it was functional. I paid $55 for piece of mind because my 2nd rifle is untabbed and works flawlessly.

Cool. I may have been overly harsh earlier. I can see why someone would want one, it looks like a simple design, a good price, and something that would be a lot of fun to take to some watermelons or jugs. I just know with my luck I'd get one and would end up having to monkey with the action every few rounds, then I'd have to send it back to Century, then it still wouldn't work, and I'd have to find someone to weld the tab on. They'd weld the tab too high on the bolt carrier, then I'd have to order a new bcg to have the weld done properly. Then I would tell myself it works and lock it up in the safe and never fire it again:D

Maybe I'm over thinking it. For $379.00+transfer fee+magazines, folks are probably better off picking one up from an IP if they can be found for less than $500.00.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I sent a reply back to PSA saying I accepted the terms. So this after noon I get a reply back:

Hello,

We have received all of the required information, we are processing your order now and you will receive a UPS tracking number by email once your order has shipped.

Thank you,

Compliance Department
    Palmetto State Armory
    211 Business Park Blvd
    Columbia SC, 29210
    Compliance@palmettostatearmory.com
    (P): 803-724-6932
    (F): 803-788-7979​​​

Looks like they are actually going to ship it to MD. I let you know in 3 to 36 weeks.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    PSA raised the price to $400.

I called PSA today to check up on mine. My FFL ordered 2/9, it shipped 2/11, and was due to arrive today. I guess once my FFL logs it in, he'll let me know to come get it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I got mine today. I love working in a place where my FFL can email me saying he has it, and all I have to do is walk across the hall during my lunch break to pick it up and then take it back to show off to my coworkers.

Crappy cell phone picture I quickly took at work, but with my MDS challenge coin that dblas gave me.
    IMG_20150220_131902_zpscxnss0xc.jpg

Mine came with two new condition mags, and one slightly worn one. There is no noticeable front sight or gas block cant.
    ec4517a8-d1d2-4e2c-9fae-700459245157_zps2c66nnln.jpg

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I got mine today. I love working in a place where my FFL can email me saying he has it, and all I have to do is walk across the hall during my lunch break to pick it up and then take it back to show off to my coworkers.

Sounds like an EASY way to go broke :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom