• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    So, its been 9 days since I ordered ammo from them. An email 3 or 4 days ago and no response. Been on hold for about 30 minutes, nothing. Wish I could cancel I am so annoyed, but I can't even get in touch with someone to cancel.

My first time ordering from them, is this their norm? It sucks.

Mickey the Dragon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2009
    Ohio
    When I ordered ammo through them, they quoted me a long delay between purchase date and ship date. I emailed them as soon as that delay was up and the package magically shipped out the very same day. I know their shipping delays suck, but they're pretty up front about it. If they've busted the suspense on that, I'd send them an email and politely ask what their process is for cancelling orders that have yet to be fulfilled.

Paul

Nov 12, 2008
    SoMD
    I have not ordered from them anymore since my CC was charged the day I placed an order and over 30 days later, the item had not item had not shipped (LPK which showed in stock). It took three days worth of calls get the order cancelled and a refund. First two days I was told it would be made a priority in the warehouse.

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    Well, just got through. They don't see any reason why my order has not shipped. Ammo is in stock. Should ship in a couple days. Heard that one before.. Whatever happened to customer service to paying clients?
    Will give it till next week.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Typical for PSA. Between that and not shipping MD legal rifles to MD (even to an FFL), I see NO reason to give them any business.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    PSA's poor CS and slow shipping has been covered in the forum ad nauseum. I have ordered several times from them and fully expected the orders wouldn't ship very fast. But some of their prices have been unbeatable. Hence my ordering from them. If you want it faster, order elsewhere. But be prepared to pay for the faster service. And it isn't like they aren't up front that shipping can typically take 2-3 weeks, sometimes longer depending on volume of sales.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I don't understand you guys!

Don't you know that PSA stands for "Painfully SLOW Anything". Orders, emails, phone calls, I mean anything.

This is not new. They have been like this for years. I expect it. I'm never disappointed.

Expecting PSA to do anything fast or consistent is like expecting a libtard to be reasonable.

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    Thanks for the info. Nowhere on my order did it state that shipping would be delayed for any reason. It stated in stock, I ordered. One would expect the service that comes with payment of an item. Will be my last dealings with them. Lesson learnt

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I have bought from them a few times. This was after I already knew their slow shipping times from reviews on AR15.com. You cannot beat their prices, but expect 7-9 days for the item to ship. That's just to ship, NOT to receive it. Everything has showed up in great condition, just way after I ordered it. Another company I started using, once again from AR15.com recommendations, is Primary Arms. They are out of Texas and everything I've ordered from them has shipped within 1-2 days and I get an e-mail with a tracking number before the UPS guy even picks it up at their shop. An employee at a local gun shop told me internet sales are a big part of their business and their attention to detail is obvious. I have no stake in either company, but would have no problem ordering again for both. You just need to know what to expect in advance.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    If you're impatient, don't order from PSA. I like them for their prices, and nothing I've ever ordered from them hasn't gotten to me . . . eventually. Never had to call, no e-mails or anything. I just expected it to take some time.

+1 - will continue to buy from PSA as I am patient and appreciate the quality of their products.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I have bought from them a few times. This was after I already knew their slow shipping times from reviews on AR15.com. You cannot beat their prices, but expect 7-9 days for the item to ship. That's just to ship, NOT to receive it. Everything has showed up in great condition, just way after I ordered it. Another company I started using, once again from AR15.com recommendations, is Primary Arms. They are out of Texas and everything I've ordered from them has shipped within 1-2 days and I get an e-mail with a tracking number before the UPS guy even picks it up at their shop. An employee at a local gun shop told me internet sales are a big part of their business and their attention to detail is obvious. I have no stake in either company, but would have no problem ordering again for both. You just need to know what to expect in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Primary Arms is a good rec. I've always had quick ship times from them in the past, and although they don't have the variety of discounted pre-assembled uppers, they often have good deals on individual AR parts. An example are the Bravo Company Gunfighter charging handles currently on sale for $35 ...

https://www.primaryarms.com/Sale_s/5169.htm

AIM Surplus and JoeBobsOutfitters are other PSA alternatives, especially if shopping for lowers, and less expensive upper builds (which includes some of the Spikes builds). JoeBobs communication and shipping speed are first rate.

Finally, another competitor is the AR assembly business for PSA is Bravo Company ( http://www.bravocompanyusa.com ), which tends to have even more variety (albeit more expensive given the components of some of their assemblies).

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    So, its been 9 days since I ordered ammo from them. An email 3 or 4 days ago and no response. Been on hold for about 30 minutes, nothing. Wish I could cancel I am so annoyed, but I can't even get in touch with someone to cancel.

My first time ordering from them, is this their norm? It sucks.

I'm in the same boat.

Did you buy those 9mm/ 40 S&W deals? I knew their assembled uppers took forever but 10days to ship ammo! :tdown: ? They either have it or they don't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom