• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Annnnnd chad got quoted in there out of context. It made it seem like he was saying he's not surprised gun owners would make death threats. Dern.

Its what reporters did to Andy. No reason to think they wouldn't do it to any one of us.

Isn't it funny they threaten to sue MDS if we quote news articles hsre, but take no issue with quoting our posts?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFRUVa-92Rk

Here is Padilla at the UN. Please note how she references GPS tracking.

Thanks for sharing that. Armatix is no friend of gun owners/RKBA. JMHO...we shouldn't be helping them import/promote their products, let alone submitting them to the MD Handgun Review Board.

I think some people fail to realize that this is technology designed to limit people, not assist them. Just saying "we should support technology" is ambiguous to the point of being worthless.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Its what reporters did to Andy. No reason to think they wouldn't do it to any one of us.

Isn't it funny they threaten to sue MDS if we quote news articles hsre, but take no issue with quoting our posts?

yeah, they suck. I always knew there was news bias from back in my days of journalism classes when I had an interest in doing that stuff...but having first-hand experiences at beck's tea-party rally in dc and the many annapolis gun-days, then seeing how they are reported completely blew my mind. It was incredible to see directly just how blatant the misinformation campaigns are twisting the truth in our media.

In my classes, my teacher(who used to work for a few newspapers before going in to teaching), gave us realistic projects and taught real-world journalism. One such project was that each of us had to report on the same thing that happened at school, but we all had to develop our own slant to sell the story from a different angle. We were taught how to get supporting public opinion to put in our article by thinking of what quote we wanted, and then asking questions to get the quotes out of context from people. We also were taught that it was standard practice to literally script out a quote we wanted, and then walk around through crowds until someone would allow us to attribute that quote to them. It was probably one of the most honest classes I've ever taken towards a profession and completely ruined any interest I had in going into journalism.

You truly cannot trust a single thing you see in the news. Thinking people need to view the news as a starting-off point to develop questions and then launch their own individual fact-finding inquiries.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Products don't chip away at our rights.
    Misguided politicians chip away at our rights.

Technology absolutely can and does enable politicians to chip away at our rights (NSA anyone?). We even have a video in this thread where a representative from this Armatrix company is advising the UN on how their products could be used to limit our freedoms. I can't believe people are even debating this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Technology absolutely can and does enable politicians to chip away at our rights (NSA anyone?). We even have a video in this thread where a representative from this Armatrix company is advising the UN on how their products could be used to limit our freedoms. I can't believe people are even debating this.

That's why we have the Constitution in general and the 2A in particular. So we have the teeth the bite them when the government gives itself too much power. There was no doubt in the minds of the people who wrote the document that the government would always try to take power and liberty from The People.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

yesss..... much like this diabolical psy-op technology used to train the next generation of NSA employees....

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    That's why we have the Constitution in general and the 2A in particular. So we have the teeth the bite them when the government gives itself too much power. There was no doubt in the minds of the people who wrote the document that the government would always try to take power and liberty from The People.

Please excuse me if I'm misinterpreting, but it appears you're saying we should wait for our rights to be infringed before we protect them? IE...sue?

I'm a fan of the "four boxes of liberty," which are, in order:

Soap Box --> Ballot Box --> Jury Box --> Ammo Box.

I'd rather fight this at the soap box (as I said, the only purpose of this technology, at its core, is to limit human freedom). Like we learned from the Heller decision, a right which is denied for an extended period of time (rights taken by the NFA...or more recently even, the Hughes Amendment) can disappear. I'd rather not depend on 9 people in black robes to recognize my rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Please excuse me if I'm misinterpreting, but it appears you're saying we should wait for our rights to be infringed before we protect them? IE...sue?

I'm a fan of the "four boxes of liberty," which are, in order:

Soap Box --> Ballot Box --> Jury Box --> Ammo Box.

I'd rather fight this at the soap box (as I said, the only purpose of this technology, at its core, is to limit human freedom). Like we learned from the Heller decision, a right which is denied for an extended period of time (rights taken by the NFA...or more recently even, the Hughes Amendment) can disappear. I'd rather not depend on 9 people in black robes to recognize my rights.

You are misinterpreting. It is the last line of defense. The rest of the Constitution gives us mechanisms to protect/defend our Rights. Even the 9 people in black robes. The 2A is for when all of that fails us. I am also a fan of the 4 boxes.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    You are misinterpreting. It is the last line of defense. The rest of the Constitution gives us mechanisms to protect/defend our Rights. Even the 9 people in black robes. The 2A is for when all of that fails us. I am also a fan of the 4 boxes.

Ok, got it. Sounds like we're in general agreement.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ok, got it. Sounds like we're in general agreement.

Most of us here probably are. I don't think the politicians take that seriously. They need to. I firmly believe that there are enough in this Country who feel as we do that the second American Revolution will be fairly short.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Visited Engage late this morning and supported the hell out of them:
    %255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

%255BUNSET%255D

I hope to be bringing my upper by sometime in the near future for a Dissipator conversion. Awesome shop and awesome dog.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That does it.

If they have stickers, I gotta make a road trip.

The back of my van has some holes that need filling in.

The three hour round trip to Rockville is going to suck though.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Will these people be required to have TWO handgun safes?

One for the gun and one for the watch.

Or just hang the gun over your fireplace and lock-up the watch.

If you lose or break your watch, can you get a replacement watch?

No matter how you slice it and dice it, it's a really bad idea all the way around.

"It'll never work".

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That does it.

If they have stickers, I gotta make a road trip.

The back of my van has some holes that need filling in.

The three hour round trip to Rockville is going to suck though.
    Just under 2 hours from my domain in Dundalk, there and back. Stickers are free and they have gobs of 'em. T-shirts are $15. I splurged on the hat ($25), but I've wanted a range hat for a while.

If I had the funds, I would have left with that wall of HBARs, lol. Really, really good looking work.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

It's getting those in power to stop ignoring the "piece of paper" that is a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom