• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newMDmil

Jan 31, 2014
    Sorry for the delay. Yes the storage will be my home while stationed in maryland (however no intent of establishing residency there…)

I am really trying to verify that by moving there as military and with no intent of establishing residency it sounds like I can bring my AR15s (purchased well before OCT13) and my 30round mags and keep inside my safe inside my home and no requirement to register as I read the law/bill.

emnsb

Oct 15, 2013
    Hey man chances are really good you can live in Virginia and work in Bethesda without your commute being hours and hours long. If I had known what I know now about my own commute, I would have moved to VA, and I work further away from the border than you will...

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    We can help you find a suitable place to shoot.

There is a good place to shoot in MD? Where? Every range in MD I have been to either treats you like you shouldn't be there, are a criminal, or stupid. Now I know that does cover A LOT of MD residents but I really don't need that level of supervision.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Any feedback / confirmation would be appreciated. Thank you!

Welcome to MD. Except for the whole state govt piece, it's not the worst place. Okay, at least it's not CT. Yet.

Have you thought about contacting the JAG or legal office that covers your new duty station? I think that would be the better place for legal advice. I think they would be much more qualified to provide guidance on "residency" vis-a-vis what the MD code now considers banned and/or regulated firearms.

b-troll

FNG
    Sep 16, 2012
    Piney Orchard
    NewMDmil,

There is quite a few of us doing exactly as you are intending. I'm no lawyer, but I'm not registering anything based on the within 90 days of establishing residency verbiage. I'll keep my FL residency, thank you very much.

I wonder where armed ferret is? You can count on him for a "well formed" opinion.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sorry for the delay. Yes the storage will be my home while stationed in maryland (however no intent of establishing residency there…)

I am really trying to verify that by moving there as military and with no intent of establishing residency it sounds like I can bring my AR15s (purchased well before OCT13) and my 30round mags and keep inside my safe inside my home and no requirement to register as I read the law/bill.

That is correct, military being stationed in MD have no requirement to register any firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom