• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    This won't go anywhere. But I'm hoping it makes it out of committee and gets voted on. Frosh is so angry that anyone would dare challenge his precious gun law that he launches into a twelve hour long ranting tirade about "filthy redneck psychopaths" and attacks anyone who tries to stop him. After trying to bite Delegate Smigel's ear off, he is involuntarily confined to a loony bin and out of Maryland politics.

It would be a victory that way.

Out of MD politics? Acting like that might just get him elected Governor!

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    If this passes it will make our state so much more dangerous. I won't be able to send my kids out to play for fear of unlicensed handgun users having gun battles on our street with their "Hi capacity 20rd assault clips" and "High powered warfare purpose assault rifles". I will miss the crime free utopia we now can reside in. Unicorns will no longer be able to roam free without fear of being shot.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I have a feeling that this bill will pass.

It will pass because it's an election year and passing it will allow the dems to go back to the constituents and say they support 2A voted to repeal the FSA, knowing that Owe'Malley will veto it and the FSA will stand.

not a sheep's chance in a den of wolves

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    this is an attention getter. A show of force in support of this bill would not have any real effect on THIS bill's outcome, but the voices of a few thousand 2A supporting voters echoing off the walls of annapolis again would sure have an effect on the other lesser bills people are considering.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    this is an attention getter. A show of force in support of this bill would not have any real effect on THIS bill's outcome, but the voices of a few thousand 2A supporting voters echoing off the walls of annapolis again would sure have an effect on the other lesser bills people are considering.

Time will tell.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    It would be interesting to see if those that voted against the ban would vote for it's repeal. Like was said previously, in so many words, that it puts legislators on record. Being from Southern Maryland, I'm not sure Bohanan and Dyson would vote for its repeal. But if they don't, they open themselves up for challengers.

I've been thinking about this. Bohanan was one of the ones who was allowed to vote against it after the backroom discussions. He should be called out to co-sponser this bill. There will be someone running against him this year and I can't wait to see him go. http://www.debreyfordelegate.com/

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I've been thinking about this. Bohanan was one of the ones who was allowed to vote against it after the backroom discussions. He should be called out to co-sponser this bill. There will be someone running against him this year and I can't wait to see him go. http://www.debreyfordelegate.com/

Perhaps someone who is from his district will write him a letter asking him to cosponsor the Bill. It would be interesting to see what he has to say. Of course a letter to the editor with Bo's reply would also be appropriate.

FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    We are just going to have to wait until we can get a governor who will support the repeal. Pick someone (like Charles Lollar), get him to openly say he will not veto a repeal, get him elected, then repeal the FSA.

The other option is to wait for the Supreme Court to decide that banning any firearm (state or federal) and requiring a license to purchase any firearm, is a violation of the second amendment. I think they will decide that way and end all this nonsense once and for all.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Interesting (and accurate) way of phrasing it. Will do everything we can to support, but a healthy dose of realism is called for.

If nothing else, we get those who hate freedom to go on record once again stating their position.

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I have contacted my representatives today, and I ask all of you do the same. My message to them is typed below many of you can use it as a prompt if you wish.

Dear Legislators,

I am contacting you because I am very disappointed in the Firearm Safety Act 2013 which went into Law Oct 1st of this year. The law is unconstitutional as it "infringes" on the Second Amendment of the US constitution.

As a Maryland resident of 20 years I would like to see this law repealed. It does not make Maryland safer, it is a "feel good, do nothing" law. Many studies show states which implement strict gun regulation do not see a reduction in crime compared to states with more tolerant gun rights.

I really don't see the rational by banning law abiding Maryland residents from purchasing the 81 banned weapons/firearms which the FSA 2013 implemented.

Please repeal this law as soon as possible.

Thank You

Go to the website below and click "Voice my opinion" and fill out your zip code and you can message all of your representatives at once.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I have contacted my representatives today, and I ask all of you do the same. My message to them is typed below many of you can use it as a prompt if you wish.

Go to the website below and click "Voice my opinion" and fill out your zip code and you can message all of your representatives at once.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home

I'm sure the responses you get back will be feel good enough to make you barf

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    We are just going to have to wait until we can get a governor who will support the repeal. Pick someone (like Charles Lollar), get him to openly say he will not veto a repeal, get him elected, then repeal the FSA.

The other option is to wait for the Supreme Court to decide that banning any firearm (state or federal) and requiring a license to purchase any firearm, is a violation of the second amendment. I think they will decide that way and end all this nonsense once and for all.

Better hope it happens fast then. If a Democrat wins in 2016 the SCOTUS goes liberal and we have zero chance of winning any gun battles at that point.

I don’t even have much faith right now in the SCOTUS, at best I think we have a 50/50 shot at getting AWB and mag limits declared unconstitutional.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    May I suggest a common theme for this year's round of legislator harassment?
    Last session, the unintentional theme was "don't make me a criminal." Repeated over and over in testimony, that theme was a waste of time, because SB281 wasn't really doing that.
    What we need to do this year, is hammer the fact that their precious SB281 is not working to reduce crime, and nothing they are proposing will. This places the anti-2A people on the defensive, and may result in them having to justify their dumbass ideas.

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    May I suggest a common theme for this year's round of legislator harassment?
    Last session, the unintentional theme was "don't make me a criminal." Repeated over and over in testimony, that theme was a waste of time, because SB281 wasn't really doing that.
    What we need to do this year, is hammer the fact that their precious SB281 is not working to reduce crime, and nothing they are proposing will. This places the anti-2A people on the defensive, and may result in them having to justify their dumbass ideas.

Agreed, 120%

:sign11:

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    what we need to do is frame the bill as a gun control measure.

"HB60 will make sure that guns are in the right hands, not criminal hands. Support HB60, Make Maryland Safer."

if you control the rhetoric that this is a "gun safety" measure, morons will vote for it in droves.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    what we need to do is frame the bill as a gun control measure.

"HB60 will make sure that guns are in the right hands, not criminal hands. Support HB60, Make Maryland Safer."

if you control the rhetoric that this is a "gun safety" measure, morons will vote for it in droves.

Yeah! Start petition signing campaigns. REALLY confuse them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom