• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sykesville

Ultimate Member
    You know, the liberal state and national politicians always use the buzzwords "common sense" and "reasonable." This bill is absolutely reasonable, but what are the odds that it'll be viewed that way? After last year's circus, I can guess how it will go: O'Malley's rubber-stampers will not even discuss the bill; they'll simply vote a resounding "NO."

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    You have to keep presenting these bills and make them go through the motions or else they will think that they have finally won. NEVER GIVE UP!! You never know when things can change. I know that's a VERY optimistic view, but you gotta have hope or nothing will ever change. Or change BACK!! 2014 !!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Yeah Sling Blade, I never saw anything about the right to fornicate in the Constitution - especially with a member of the same sex - not that there is anything wrong with that :rolleyes: but I know my right to bear arms "shall not be infringed." I could careless if two guys want to walk down to the court house and declare their love for each other, but damn if I should have to leave my loved one at home in the gun safe and not be able to defend myself!

Last edited:

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    If gay marriage is a freakin' "civil right", then I demand that self-defense be regarded as one also.:mad54:

Funny you should bring that up... Marriage is NOT a civil right guaranteed by our supreme law (at least, the way I read it). I'm tired of people telling me that it is. I wish the gummint would keep its gooey hands off of marriage completely.

To keep and bear arms, however, is explicitly so.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Funny you should bring that up... Marriage is NOT a civil right guaranteed by our supreme law (at least, the way I read it). I'm tired of people telling me that it is. I wish the gummint would keep its gooey hands off of marriage completely.

To keep and bear arms, however, is explicitly so.

The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

But can we keep this on topic, which is HB36.

Mr H

Banana'd
    That can be done administratively, as there is nothing in law defining G&S.

There is a list of things they CAN consider (and they are often minconstrued as being 'in law'), but all it would really take is a memo from On High to have the list changed.

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    I just got my renewal returned to me. I need an 8 hour training class to renew a license I already had previously...... I am 60days left to expiration and I was unaware of this requirement and it was not on the application checklist..... Pretty pissed right now!!!!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I just got my renewal returned to me. I need an 8 hour training class to renew a license I already had previously...... I am 60days left to expiration and I was unaware of this requirement and it was not on the application checklist..... Pretty pissed right now!!!!
    Sorry to see you getting hit by this - it is an intended consequence of SB281/2013.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

Be pissed off, but take the damn class, renew and carry - while the rest of us are left to rely on pen knives and 911. :sad20:

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    You know, the liberal state and national politicians always use the buzzwords "common sense" and "reasonable." This bill is absolutely reasonable, but what are the odds that it'll be viewed that way? After last year's circus, I can guess how it will go: O'Malley's rubber-stampers will not even discuss the bill; they'll simply vote a resounding "NO."

You forgot the phrase "to reduce gun violence"...because using the phrase "reasonable, common sense gun laws to reduce gun violence" (everyone wants to reduce gun violence, right?) sounds so much better than "gun control" (which most Americans actually oppose). Think along the lines of changing the wording from "torture" to "enhanced interrogation techniques".

ThunderStick

May 12, 2013
    Garrett County
    You forgot the phrase "to reduce gun violence"...because using the phrase "reasonable, common sense gun laws to reduce gun violence" (everyone wants to reduce gun violence, right?) sounds so much better than "gun control" (which most Americans actually oppose). Think along the lines of changing the wording from "torture" to "enhanced interrogation techniques".

Wouldn't it be better to control "Human Violence" than to demonize the tools humans use to commit violence? That's a phrase liberals don't know about, now do they?
    :mad54:

Sep 18, 2013
    Towson
    So theoretically, if gun control reduces gun violence, if one wished to reduce spousal abuse, one could make marriage illegal...yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom