• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Agreed, but Pinecone said you can't ship ammo through a Fed Ex store. That was the point of my post on the tariff. It's not prohibited..

But you said your gun is a machine part. You didn't say a barrel and a bolt are a machine part, which I agree with. Your gun is a firearm and should be declared to the shipper.

Or not.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    No, the gun parts are machine parts. The gun is a machine. He's not shipping the machine, just parts of it that aren't regulated. When I receive gun parts from manufacturers and resellers, the bill of shipping often says machine parts, so I'm not just saying it without background.

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    Personally I wouldn't declare it. It's not prohibited, so it's none of their business.

Or you could declare as 1 Swedish made penis enlarger plus battery pack.

It would never arrive at it's destination. Either the male workers would be absconding with it or the female workers grabbing it for their husbands/boyfriends.

:lol:

OB

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Personally I wouldn't declare it. It's not prohibited, so it's none of their business.

Or you could declare as 1 Swedish made penis enlarger plus battery pack.

If it's just parts, that'd be good. If it's a firearm, Fed Ex, UPS and the Feds say it must be declared.

Or not.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Ask the store to show you in the Fed Ex shipping policy or Tariff rules where shipping firearms or ammo from a Fed Ex store is not permitted.

From the tariff page:

No mention of any requirement to go to a service center to ship.

And what do you do if they say no, you have to go to a service center? Demand they ship it?

I am just relaying what happened on Monday to me.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Attempt to educate them. If not, then I guess you're stuck. But it's officially allowed by the tariff rules.

The store in Rockville had no issues. declared it, off it went.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    It depends on the store. I just tried to ship some ammo through a FedEx store, and had to go to the FedEx depot to do it.

The Frederick FedEx Office store will not ship ammo. They say they are not licensed for that & that I would need to take it to a fedex depot/warehouse or whatever their place is called in Hagerstown, or I could have fedex pick it up from my house. I went home, created a fedex account online & they picked it up the next day. Turned out to be easier. Their place, their rules. I didn't think it was smart to argue with someone that they MUST take something (of value) when they didn't want to. What better way to ensure it absolutely, positively WON'T get there overnight?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Try and collect from the carrier when you get caught lying about the contents of the shipment and it gets stolen.

Not to mention Federal law requires it be declared to the carrier.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Try and collect from the carrier when you get caught lying about the contents of the shipment and it gets stolen.

Not to mention Federal law requires it be declared to the carrier.

This.

I've always thought I'd end up being the one used as a poster case for mail fraud, which IS a federal offense, and not likely to be swept under the rug. Just easier to do it the way the regs dictate, then deal with the consequences. Definitely NOT the case where it's easier to apologize later than ask permission up front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom