• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • docB

Jun 27, 2009
    Southern MD
    i got a tlr-1 from them around xmas and i didnt have any issues...but i had read of other peoples issues..i guess i got lucky

beaglefan

Nov 29, 2008
    Essex md.
    Never ordered from them,after seeing all the complaints about them on other forms.Right now my favorite sight to order from is PK Firearms,those guys are quick!

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Well, I finally got an email today (I wrote to them Monday evening, just now hearing back Wednesday afternoon) that the stock was cancelled and the trigger shipped. They gave me a UPS tracking number and it's scheduled to arrive Friday.

You call this expedited shipping?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I've heard they're crap and have never bought anything from them. Their prices aren't too much lower than anywhere else, and I'd rather have the piece of mind.

I once bought a camcorder on a pricegrabber-like site for electronics, thinking I was gonna save about $50, when I read reviews and learned they sold grey-market items that are not warrantied in the US, and were generally schistery. Luckily I called soon enough to cancel the order... the cam I wanted went on sale for the same price at Best Buy a few weeks later...

Going with a reputable seller is important. Can't afford to waste your time and money.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Hmmm... Someone new called today and left a message of my tracking number ... the same tracking number they emailed to me yesterday. Interestingly enough, the trigger arrived today, too and now there's no charge at all on my card.

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. You'd think these people talk to each other better than they talk to me, but hey, at least I got the trigger I ordered (a day late).

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I sent an email yesterday after the trigger arrived, telling them I expected the expedited shipping refunded.

Got a response this morning saying that they called on Monday (true, their message came in at 1800 local) to say the stock was unavailable and they shipped within 24 hours of receiving my response. Keep in my my response was via email (15 minutes after their voicemail) and also via a returned voicemail (4 minutes after that) ... both of my messages arrived during their business hours in the Pacific time zone.

I included the owner (or so I presume - his email address was on the pafoa site linked earlier) on this message informing them of my good faith effort to return their message quickly, we'll see if that does any good.

Worst case, I'll contest the charge with my credit card company.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Apparently "three-day select" shipping means "four-day shipping", according to Botach.

I just spoke with Dan, whose name and number appear on the PAFOA link listed earlier in this thread. He listened to the story and was able to commiserate with me, but upon checking with the shipping department, he says they can't refund me the $9-and-change difference because Monday-to-Thursday still falls in their definition of three-day shipping and they won't be refunding the difference.

That's a shame. $9 could have saved them a lot of bad press.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Well, that was easy. I just called my bank to dispute the charges and they refunded the difference in shipping costs. Granted, I'd prefer that it come out of Botach's pocket rather than raising bank fees, but it's still a win for the little guy.

You know ... the guy who knows what three-day shipping really means.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Well for what it's worth I just had a very good experience with them on an Aimpoint CompM4 & 3x magnifier. Both had good prices and both shipped when they said.

Their representative "Mike" was helpful answering a few questions too.

I'd use them again based on my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom